Lt. Commander
# 51
06-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Just dropping this in here, inspired by an "I quit!" thread, but anyway...

One thing that always sucks the fun right out of PvP is being in a random PuG versus a 4 or 5-man fleet pre-made. Because you know, right from the start, that against all those identical fleet-tags defeat is all but inevitable. Or, if you're the 1 pickup on such a team, that you're probably going to win no matter what. The blanket solution to this would be pulling the ability to team up before a match, but obviously, and understandably, that's not going to fly with Fleets. Least of all with the upcoming season 6 being more or less completely about them.

So try to make it that premades will go up against premades only, okay? No unfair advantages. If people to want a shot at curbstomping the weak and uncoordinated, have them take a gamble and try to queue up separately at roughly the same time. Otherwise, you'll have to actually compete against another team. And who knows, maybe you can chuck in some kind of reward for fleet-versus-fleet matches. It's not too late to add some trophy stands to the inside of fleet starbases, is it? Think fleet accolades, with or without passive buffs that affect you if you're teamed with one or more fleet member. Maybe make it possible to earn multiple different fleet accolades, for survival, healing or damage dealing in PvPs, and have whatever one is displayed on the base be the one that buffs you in groups. Just a thought.
Unfortunately, not enough player PvP atm, to support a split que system. Only when/if the pvp activity increases can such a system be launched.

I prefer my idea, of each team having a seperate pool of points, so that even on the loosing team, you can score big time by outperforming your teammates. (ofc, the winning team pool should be a bigger, to encourage players to play for team victory)
Lt. Commander
# 52
06-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Match-Making can at least solve some of this issue without forcing people into different Queues outright. Of course, it only really works with a larger population. But even if we disallow pre-match team ups - fact is, it's not unlikely that two or three members of one fleet will be on the same side, and that will seriously boost their PuG. And in FvK it may not help at all, if there are only 2 (would-like-to-be) premades queued up one one side... Maybe that's why Gozer wants to rip out factional PvP? Even though it makes no story sense whatsoever...
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-04-2012, 04:46 AM
It'd be cool to know more about this stuff that's heading to tribble, I'd like to check it out.

I do agree that the rewards and data they're based on needs to be carefully balanced to take beneficial but non-damage related factors into account, such as CC etc.

What I agree most with though is the weapons procs. They're long overdue an overhaul. Phasers are frankly, OP. And plasma are all but useless at higher levels due to the DOT compared to hull numbers for one thing, and the fact most STF sets have a 15-20% resistance against them.

I'm not sure I understand the objection to things like Emergency to X being chained though, how is it cheating the global cooldown? The global cooldown is what the second version resets to when you use the first, it doesn't exist without there being two of it. 45 seconds on the one used would be the cooldown, and the 30 seconds would be on the version not used, which would be the global cooldown. I'm not sure how you think it's being cheated?
Lt. Commander
# 54
06-04-2012, 06:05 AM
Global Cooldowns were purpose introduced even to deal with using multiple powers of the same name. It was always intended that you could use that, but pre-globals, there was only individual power cooldown and system cooldown, and that seemed problematic in play, so snix introduced the new cooldown system in 1.2.
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-04-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm not in a fleet and I rarely team up before queuing up. That being said, I'd rather premades weren't eliminated from the public queue. I'd also prefer not to see them split off into a seperate premade only queue.

A nice compromise might be for the queue system to be smart enough to consider the different singles and groups of people queuing though. If there is a 5 man, a 3 man, a 2 man team in the queue with 13 solo queuers, it would be nice to put the 5 man up against a combination of the 3 man and 2 man team, while splitting the remaining solo queues into a 5v5 (leaving 3 soloers to wait for more people to queue up), or even a couple of 3 v 3 (leaving only 1 soloer to wait for more people to join).

I don't know how complicated that would be be, but I'd like to see that kind of match making over some ridiculous system that excludes people who just want to play with their friends.
Lt. Commander
# 56
06-04-2012, 09:46 AM
With theses changes, does this mean that the ground stacking stealth will be fixed?
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Gozer, please make sure that the Fleet Advancement rewards are available for balance testing, before S6 is released. Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 58
06-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Oh, whatever happens, here's something I don#t want to say: An increasing respawn timer. Unpopular already with STFs, now introduced for No Win Scenarios.

Adjusting the rewards is fine. Adjusting the amount of effectively play time I get is not.
Lt. Commander
# 59
06-05-2012, 11:56 PM
A vote here in favor of scoring for shield damage, power drains, disables, etc...

Sci ships do not score well under the current model.
Lt. Commander
# 60
06-06-2012, 02:26 AM
just did some pvp for the first time in a few weeks, god it was terrible. i forgot just how fun destroying carriers are to have around. when it takes 20 seconds to find a valid target, or i get blind sided through the fog of npc trash war, there is no fun to be had.

there is no hope for pvp fun without the removal of carriers from it, or ques that exclude them.