Lt. Commander
# 21
06-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace
Me too Horty. Me too.
.Who's on several medications, bi-polar out the whazoo, tons of self image issues....

Buuuuuuuuuuut..... blue eyes, blonde hair, can SING, 46DD, loves children, animals and BALDUR'S GATE.

So I'm Torn

considering the OP started off with saying she is bi polar he thinks its a probem.

i dont.

but the OP should not start a relationship with someone who he obviously thinks of as having a problem.

personaly i think if u like that person wtf does it matter.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
I don't see why everyone is so hung up on her being bipolar.
You do take on the burdens of your partner. That burden can be as simple as bad gas after dinner, or it can be as complicated as a mental disorder. The OP will have to deal with all of the bad effects of her mental problems.

If this is a sacrifice the OP is willing to make for the chance to touch some big boobies, then so be it. But there are heaps of big boobied gamer girls out there who aren't going to take over your life. And she will take over his life.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370
If this is a sacrifice the OP is willing to make for the chance to touch some big boobies, then so be it. But there are heaps of big boobied gamer girls out there who aren't going to take over your life. And she will take over his life.
Oi.... I'm not that shallow... :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-02-2012, 11:29 PM
i say go for it( just be sure to buy a secret home ,in another state or whatever,) and move there if she starts sharpening the kitchen knives a lil to often
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-03-2012, 12:00 AM
You do, in fact, understand your seeking relationship advice on a startrek forum?Most of the "advisors" will deflate their "girlfriends" before mom comes down to the basement.Not everyone of course, but it's kind of like seeking career advice from a McDonald's fry cook.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-03-2012, 01:14 AM
everyone deserves a little love and a medical disorder should not be a reason that this girl cant find love or that you might be the one to provide it.

some people are perfectly sane and yet are more broken than people with mental problems. you just have rto weigh up each person as you find them.

if you like her then go for it, just be aware their may be tough times. if here problems are too big for you and its putting you off then she is probably not right for you and in many ways more importantly you are probably not right for her.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370
You do take on the burdens of your partner. That burden can be as simple as bad gas after dinner, or it can be as complicated as a mental disorder. The OP will have to deal with all of the bad effects of her mental problems.

I agree with this 100%. Really is unfortunate that she's bipolar, but yeah, I predict a mountain of trouble in your future if you seriously pursue. I've seen it most of my life with my cousin, and experienced it with a "gamer"/party girl I used to like.

Never.
Ending.
Drama.

+ a little violence and verbal assaults for added flavor.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
everyone deserves a little love.
Justin Beiber <--- does not deserve.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace
....Who's on several medications, bi-polar out the whazoo, tons of self image issues....

Buuuuuuuuuuut..... blue eyes, blonde hair, can SING, 46DD, loves children, animals and BALDUR'S GATE.

So I'm Torn......

So here's my advice for whatever it's worth (married 23 years);

There are several things you should consider when making this decision (I'm not looking for answers to these, answer them for yourself, but DON'T post them here):

1. What is your/her age? Age is definitely NOT the be all / end all indicator of maturity but it's as good a starting point as any. Maturity is going to be needed in ANY long-term relationship, and you'll need plenty in both of you to deal with those kind of issues. As has already been stated, both of you will be responsible for both of your problems/issues in a relationship.

2. Are you interested in a long-term relationship? If you want a fling with this person, I really don't think the down side is worth it. You'll be inviting all kinds of problems into your life, and could further damage her's. If it's just physical attraction, do the both of you a favor and pass.

3. Do you love her? Love really IS the most important thing in this world. You can find sex anywhere, heck if you're desperate for physical intimacy, see a professional "girlfriend" (where law allows of course).

4. Do you believe you could handle being a life-long caregiver? Ask yourself if you would enter this relationship if she were wheelchair bound, if she had cancer, or any number of incurable ailments. She is NEVER going to be cured! There are medications that help control the illness, but NONE that cure it.

If and ONLY IF, you really do love this person and feel you have the maturity and dedication to commit to a relationship with this many hurdles from the outset should you even consider an intimate relationship. I hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-03-2012, 02:51 AM
So, you havent 'doked' with her because why? Crazies are the best man. As long as she doesn't like children with barbecue sauce, your allright.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Justin Beiber <--- does not deserve.
Well that's just rude... What did anyone here ever do to deserve seeing that name posted here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

So here's my advice for whatever it's worth (married 23 years);

There are several things you should consider when making this decision (I'm not looking for answers to these, answer them for yourself, but DON'T post them here):

1. What is your/her age? Age is definitely NOT the be all / end all indicator of maturity but it's as good a starting point as any. Maturity is going to be needed in ANY long-term relationship, and you'll need plenty in both of you to deal with those kind of issues. As has already been stated, both of you will be responsible for both of your problems/issues in a relationship.

2. Are you interested in a long-term relationship? If you want a fling with this person, I really don't think the down side is worth it. You'll be inviting all kinds of problems into your life, and could further damage her's. If it's just physical attraction, do the both of you a favor and pass.

3. Do you love her? Love really IS the most important thing in this world. You can find sex anywhere, heck if you're desperate for physical intimacy, see a professional "girlfriend" (where law allows of course).

4. Do you believe you could handle being a life-long caregiver? Ask yourself if you would enter this relationship if she were wheelchair bound, if she had cancer, or any number of incurable ailments. She is NEVER going to be cured! There are medications that help control the illness, but NONE that cure it.

If and ONLY IF, you really do love this person and feel you have the maturity and dedication to commit to a relationship with this many hurdles from the outset should you even consider an intimate relationship. I hope this helps.
Reasonable good answers/questions.

Especially the very last part.
She ain't a Lucky Charms cereal box where you play find the marshmelons.