Lt. Commander
# 41
06-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370
But I have a feeling that the OP has decided he's going to be her savior so there's no point in issuing further warnings.
I've never considered Cinderella a story of warning....
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-04-2012, 01:22 AM
However hot this girl is, the real question is whether you (the OP) would be willing to live with her for all of those years even with her flaws and annoyances. The hottest girl in the world would still suck to be with if you made each other miserable in every other aspect of life.

That said, I'd say try dating a bit and seeing how that works out before taking the plunge into long-term couple-dom. She might be right for you in the long run or she might not.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
However hot this girl is, the real question is whether you (the OP) would be willing to live with her for all of those years even with her flaws and annoyances. The hottest girl in the world would still suck to be with if you made each other miserable in every other aspect of life.

That said, I'd say try dating a bit and seeing how that works out before taking the plunge into long-term couple-dom. She might be right for you in the long run or she might not.
Approved by forever alone guy .......give it a chance and you will know( sometimes you have to take risks in order to meet the right person, it's all part of life)
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Here's some advice when dealing with mental 'disorders' - try to find the cause of it. Everyone has bad experiences and some are affected more seriously than others. If you know the cause there is a chance your closeness can undo some of the damage without ever resorting to medication or psychiatric therapy (Been there done that. Very rewarding if your presence is a healing one.)

Both of you have to sit down and set the rules if the relationship takes off. Better now than never.

As mentioned many times on previous replies you have to manage you and her. To me, interests don't matter and neither does the part about "physical assets". The mental condition overrides all of that and you must ask yourself if you're willing to provide TLC, manage mood swings etc because those will seriously affect the stability of a relationship in a long run. If you are annoyed with things like 'drama', stay away. Those will get on your nerves in a bad way in the long term because it tends to happen when you least expect or want such distractions.

There's no such thing as 'happily ever after' without proactive management these days. And given the choice, I'd rather not take the risk. Keep it at a mutual-interest friendship level, and decide if you ever want to get serious if said friendship works. Just like in a game of BG, start at Level One and both of you prove yourselves if you're suited for each other. This 'scientific testing' is a very safe way to see if the relationship is go or no go.

Don't just go in, look over the summary of her interests and certain 'desirable physical assets'. Those have no value whatsoever. Interests change and people age. But the mind stays with you forever.