Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Trek 2009
06-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Now, I'm sure I will catch some flame for this post. Being a life-long fan of the show I really did not like this movie. There were too many issues with the ships for my liking (and why destroy Vulcan??).

Anywho, will the content from this move be available at some point? The ships, uniform, and iBridge (because it looks like Apple designed it). I'd also like to see the Kelvin bridge and shuttle craft too. I know people would spend money on it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-02-2012, 06:37 AM
nope you will never see them here (the IP rights are owned by a different company)
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-02-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
nope you will never see them here (the IP rights are owned by a different company)
Does not mean that company cannot lease the rights..... How about something constructive instead of a "Nope, can't happen"? Would you like to see it? What would you like to see?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Anywho, will the content from this move be available at some point?
at some point, maybe. But i doubt it, since A) it is an alternate timeline, so not really the STO universe (prime universe)

and B) the rights of the IP's are sepperated i think, even though Paramount is a part of viacom and viacom being CBS since 2006.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viacom
Or something like that, little confusing structures

I wouldn't say never, but certainly do not hold your breath!
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlord View Post
Now, I'm sure I will catch some flame for this post. Being a life-long fan of the show I really did not like this movie. There were too many issues with the ships for my liking (and why destroy Vulcan??).

Anywho, will the content from this move be available at some point? The ships, uniform, and iBridge (because it looks like Apple designed it). I'd also like to see the Kelvin bridge and shuttle craft too. I know people would spend money on it.
If you "really did not like this movie", then why would you even care to see the content ingame?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-02-2012, 07:11 AM
I would actually like to see the ships from the 2009 movie. They look more "up to date"
Not saying they are better or anything, just saying that they look kind of cool.

And don't we already see alternate ships in some scenarios in the game???
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Up to date ships? The 09 Ent took its primary designs from the TMP Ent...
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Max_Rockatanski
If you "really did not like this movie", then why would you even care to see the content ingame?
I liked the uniforms and shuttles. The biggest issue I had (outside of destroying Vulcan) was the perceived size of the ships. There was no continuity. Bernd Schneider has a good article on it (those who know....). I liked the overall design of the ships though, especially the Kelvin.

I would like to see those two bridge layouts become available. And I really hope they use something other than a brewery or waste processing plant for the engineering section in the upcoming movie.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
at some point, maybe. But i doubt it, since A) it is an alternate timeline, so not really the STO universe (prime universe)

and B) the rights of the IP's are sepperated i think, even though Paramount is a part of viacom and viacom being CBS since 2006.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viacom
Or something like that, little confusing structures

I wouldn't say never, but certainly do not hold your breath!
I always found it interesting that the original show ran on NBC but yet is now owned by CBS.

Kind of like Letterman
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I, for one, hope that they don't add content from the 2009 Trek to the game. In THIS timeline both Nero and Spock are lost to the black hole. The people in this timeline have no idea that they created an alternate universe, so the ships, shuttles, etc. don't exist in the STO universe. It wouldn't make much sense to me. It was enough of a stretch bringing in the NX-01 "replica."

And as far as rights go, the company that has the IP rights that could be used in a game also has to want to sell or license those rights. And I'm sure it would be for a price Cryptic or PW couldn't afford at this point if they're still trying to get F2P to remain viable by adding original content and game fixes.