Ensign
# 11
07-22-2012, 12:56 AM
I have a new computer with i5-3450, 12GB RAM, Nvidia GT 550Ti, Corsair Force 3 SSD... and Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with dx9 and newest drivers. All mounted at Asus P8Z77-V.

After character selection starts loading is pretty fast till 84% from there it takes about 20-30 minutes Image, CPU usage is 7% at that time and enter to the game.

The symptoms after getting into many locations are:

- chat doesn't work
- if walking around it resets my postition after a while to original location
- all buttons for interaction are missing
- can't beam to my ship
- stuck in ESD, DS9 or etc.

I try reinstaled STO, update drivers for: Nvidia graphics, chipset for m/b, LAN adapter and doesn't work. Could anyone help me?
Ensign
# 12 Try this
10-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
I'm also getting the same issue and not 100% sure which version drivers I should get. I have downloaded the latest to see if that fixes the issue but nothing
I also have a 37770K with a asus z77 deluxe. Go into your asus suite and turn off i-network control. This solved everything for me.
Lieutenant
# 13
10-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Sounds like the I7 and processors of the sort are having driver issues as described. Perhaps somebody should post on one of intel's forums. Perhaps there is a specific fix that might be permanent so you get the full functionality of the board. And yes without the chipset drivers many things are not gonna work right if at all.
Ensign
# 14
10-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Just built a new system with an intel I7-3770 using a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H and installed the complete motherboard driver set and getting similar results as you guys. What specific drivers do I need to remove or is there a latest set for my intel chipsets?

Just uninstalled the chipset drivers and the same thing is still happening. I'm dead in space with no ability to talk to others and everything in my console is unidentifyable. Please help this is an x64 machine and should be able to decimate this game graphically but something is not right here.

Last edited by archangulus; 10-17-2012 at 10:08 AM.