Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi Gozer!
Would love an answer from you on this.
As you probably know, Ker'rat is a huge PvP zone. Now that you are king of PvP, is Ker'rat on your list to fix? Are you going to create another war zone like that? Thanks!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...er%27rat+fixed
Lt. Commander
Greetings,

You have stated this as if it is axiomatic without mentioning your grievances.

Do you expect the devs to read your mind and then use a wand borrowed from Neverwinter to magically apply a spell called "FIX IT!!"

Yours in Accurate and Specific Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Greetings,

You have stated this as if it is axiomatic without mentioning your grievances.

Do you expect the devs to read your mind and then use a wand borrowed from Neverwinter to magically apply a spell called "FIX IT!!"

Yours in Accurate and Specific Plasma,
Star*Dagger
I personally think the problems with kerrat are self explanatory as soon as you warp in in most cases.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I personally think the problems with kerrat are self explanatory as soon as you warp in in most cases.
Yes, I agree. Everybody in the game knows that Ker'rat is bugged like crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamRadio18
Yes, I agree. Everybody in the game knows that Ker'rat is bugged like crazy.
I've played it twice and not seen any problems.

And folks wonder why tickets here and elsewhere get closed without resolution....

edit: Maybe spelling out or giving reference to where such a list exist would be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Ker'rat is bugged because Star Dagger always plays there...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
edit: Maybe spelling out or giving reference to where such a list exist would be helpful.
This thread was created with the same purpose as the one that we're in now and has some of the information about what is broken in Ker'rat listed in the following thread as well.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=260918
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2012, 01:26 PM
There is something wrong with Ker'rat!? Looks like it works about as well as anything else in the game...

Oh, wait...

Spread it out so that everything isn't right on top of itself, maybe then the Borg wouldn't get stuck in objects. Maybe there would be more strategy than just respawning and zooming a short distance back across the map. it's a space map. There is lots of space. Use some of it. Why are both factions still respawning in the same spot at each reset? Why aren't there randomized respawns points with bases, turrets, or indestructible NPC ships to complicate deployment suppression? Wouldn't a major offensive into a warzone have a heavily fortified staging area?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Fed warp in and respawn in one corner, Klingons warp in and respawn on opposite diagonal corner. Collision boxes corrected on all Borg Ships and assets. Redistribute and recalculate amount of Borg cubes and other Borg ships, fewer cubes, more spheres, probes, and a couple of Borg diamonds if they ever get added.

reduce Dilithium to 480 per and add 1 hr cooldown.

add unique Battlezone Credits for 1,2,3 place that can be redeemed for unique items in GPL store that are only purchasable through the BattleZone credits. No limit special reserve advanced holo-emitters, phased cloak, Battle Damaged ship hull material, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Kerrat has many issues.... they are all solvable.

Here is what I would like to see happen with the warzone.

1) Fix the Borg bounding boxes... borg stuck inside things 2 years in is sad.
2) Fix the obvious bugs like the None Stop Warping Borg if you pick on them to much.
3) Add 3 Spawns.... 1 Klink 1 Fed... and 1 For reset... Yes everyone should warp in together its fun. It just shouldn't happen on one sides regular spawn point.
4) KILL the current PvE Game in the zone... and replace it with a PvP game. The PvE Scan and Destroy game now is just a farmers dream setup... and if we where to see Kerrat Stats since launch I would be willing to bet all my ECs that 90%+ of the wins have been by a handful of *Cough* overall wearing accounts.
5) Add a PvP objective..... perhaps a persistent cap and hold style map... where each side would have to capture and hold 3-5 Borg Stations... long enough to run a decryption, retrieve the data and win the map.
6) Reduce the Reward on the daily make it 480 dil or so and retain the daily on it... however add a repeatable mission that rewards a lower amount that has no cool down... like 120 or so... So people that want to hang out there all day an not just for 3 rounds an hour / day... can and will be rewarded for doing so........
One other idea that may be a nightmare to balance properly would be to remove the reward item idea... and replace it with a pool of Dilithium (instead of the repeatable low reward mission)... Winning Side and Loosing side get a percentage of the pot (perhaps the zone could be timed and the longer it goes on the closer it gets to equal amounts)... and then reward it to players based on Kills / Dmg / Healing / Captured points... ect.

Doing something like this with LESS PvE and More PvP could be a good test for I really hope some good open PvP.