Lt. Commander
# 51
06-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
tried it once, waited 20 min in line...succeded, but i realized that i can't let a game decide when i have to play what. And since the set is not a must have, i never joined one again.

allthough i really can't explain why some people whine about others joining with t5 ships...it doesn't make the content harder for you...only easier. Yet there is some serious hate towards those people. I don't understand why.
No hate here, I've even done it (Tho unintentionally, the first week or so it would sometimes bug out and put you in your last used ship, I haven't seen it since the first couple weeks, I don't know if other people are doing it on purpose or what the deal is) Surprizingly, they aren't super great in there. Better for sure, but by less then you would think. I've even had to pull their fat out of the fryer when I got 3 of them in there that were either too slow or too "slow" to get the objectives.

Some people like to feel indignant when they see other people "cheat." I don't have time for that jazz. I see it, giggle, and move on with my life.
Lt. Commander
# 52
06-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym
That is how I do it as well. When I log in, I check the calendar to see what is going on. If the Vault or Mirror Universe are running, I usually jump in. If not, I just do some dailies or foundry missions instead. I'm not scheduling my time around it.

I think that's what a lot of detractors are missing. Those of us that are running it aren't sitting about steaming when it's not available. We run the event when it's available and have a good time. When it's not running we do other things and have a good time. The "I refuse to schedule my time around the game" attitude is valid I guess, but you are missing out. Not only are you missing the point (to have a bit of variety in what happens in game every day) you are missing that it isn't designed to make you log in at a certain time to play it. It's supposed to be something different to do. It can't fill that role if you play it day in and day out.

Go ahead and boycott the event if it makes you feel better, but the tantrums are not becoming. I can't order a pizza at 4am, but you don't see me blowing up the Dominoe's website about how unfair it is.
Good post. I totally agree ^^
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym
That is how I do it as well. When I log in, I check the calendar to see what is going on. If the Vault or Mirror Universe are running, I usually jump in. If not, I just do some dailies or foundry missions instead. I'm not scheduling my time around it.

I think that's what a lot of detractors are missing. Those of us that are running it aren't sitting about steaming when it's not available. We run the event when it's available and have a good time. When it's not running we do other things and have a good time. The "I refuse to schedule my time around the game" attitude is valid I guess, but you are missing out. Not only are you missing the point (to have a bit of variety in what happens in game every day) you are missing that it isn't designed to make you log in at a certain time to play it. It's supposed to be something different to do. It can't fill that role if you play it day in and day out.

Go ahead and boycott the event if it makes you feel better, but the tantrums are not becoming. I can't order a pizza at 4am, but you don't see me blowing up the Dominoe's website about how unfair it is.
Thanks for posting this. All the folks who hate gated content don't seem to play this way. I log in see what is currently going on and if its Vault, Borg invasion, or extra data chips I do that if I feel like it. If not I do something else. I still do things on my time and sometimes that overlaps with stuff cryptic is running.

Its the same reason I only eat McDonalds breakfast once every six months. I won't wake up that early to get it but sometimes life works out such a way that it does let me.