Lt. Commander
# 81
09-27-2009, 03:17 AM
First Contact did NOT nerf the Borg, jesus christ. First Contact was the best movie of all time, and the best ST movie imo. I loved all the classics, but when you combine Patrick Stewart with a new Enterprise(Enterpise E), and throw the Borg in the mix, with awesome parts and music, you have a winning combination.

Voyager did nerf them slightly but only because they were defeated at times or outsmarted by one single Intrepid class. Jean-Luc was assimilated and thus he knew the skill and tactics of the Borg. It was a special case, and I feel that without Picard at the lead, the Federation would have been lost.

It was not easy mode for them to defeat the Borg in First Contact, it took manipulation from Data to trick the Borg Queen.

Btw:

Picard: Mr Worf... I regret some of the things I said to you earlier.

Worf: Some?!

Picard: As a matter of fact, I think you're the bravest man I've ever known.

Worf: Thank you sir.
Lt. Commander
# 82
09-27-2009, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSkin View Post
.......take a look at a borg ship having a bad day? That's a sick joke. How about the 4 or 5 Federation ships floating in pieces around it? Sorry, but you don't get to call that a win.
I believe any victory over the Borg is something of a pyrrhic victory :p unless you're 8472
Lt. Commander
# 83
09-27-2009, 04:59 AM
Could there not have been some sort of subspace tear or something which caused the cube to tear apart, that's what the green aurora could be, just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 84
09-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT-2112 View Post
Could there not have been some sort of subspace tear or something which caused the cube to tear apart, that's what the green aurora could be, just a thought.
could equally just be species 8472 deciding to have a bit of target pratice
Lt. Commander
# 85
09-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Loving the debris field, but I have to ask; what's with the circa 2004 low quality texture on the cubes hull?
Lt. Commander
# 86
09-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger_Dragon View Post
I thought the borg was more horrifying before the queen. The concept of one dominating principle that motivates the collective, and how the consciousness knew everything from every drone. the way they acted, developed, and took Picard to gain his knowledge. I had nightmares about that.

Think about it this way, when the first borg assimilate you, you're lost, gone, poof, it's all about the collective. Now with the queen, when the borg assimilate you, you get overwritten by a PMSing woman in tight spandex and a metal spine.

Once the queen was introduced, for me the borg took on that feeling you get when you know your creepy uncle is in the room staring at your mom, and doesn't care everyone else knows...

Kinda spoils the whole thing, At least that's how I feel

Scorpion wasn't entirely bad, and it was a given Voyager would hit borg space at some time. I was just left underwhelmed with how the borg-collective plots turned out.
Ah I thought you were referring to how easy Voyager defeated the borg where as in FC it took like 30 ships to defeat one cube. I see where you're coming from and to some extent I agree they were more scary when they had no personality just one big unfeeling, uncomprimising entity.
Lt. Commander
# 87
09-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satek06 View Post
So thats what happens when borg fart, man im glad i was not on that ship!.
Ya, all that bio and lube mixed is dangerous indeed.

I liked the shot until one thing spoiled it. The cube looks hollow... like a it was a 6 sided box. Don't suppose you could throw some guts in there?

If you don't, I can live with it yet I am always going to get distracted by the fact it's hollow...!
Lt. Commander
# 88
09-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbot7777 View Post
First Contact did NOT nerf the Borg, jesus christ. First Contact was the best movie of all time, and the best ST movie imo. ...
I think they messed up on it a bit. Would have been better if the borg had a queen on each ship.
Lt. Commander
# 89 Re:
09-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I get the feeling here is consentious: it looks like a poorly rendered static object. Especially because the frame of the ship has a big bend in it ... but I surely hope we get some better graphics than this in the final cut.
Lt. Commander
# 90
09-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbot7777 View Post
First Contact did NOT nerf the Borg, jesus christ. First Contact was the best movie of all time, and the best ST movie imo. I loved all the classics, but when you combine Patrick Stewart with a new Enterprise(Enterpise E), and throw the Borg in the mix, with awesome parts and music, you have a winning combination.
Call me old school, but I liked the classic ones better.
Closed Thread