Lt. Commander
# 1 Question: Orion Interceptor
06-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Okay, after using Runabouts & Advanced Runabouts in the Cat Carrier, I am convinced. I love the ability to slow/stop the enemy. What we have KDF-side is the Orion Interceptor.

In the Dil store, it says you need ANY Orion Flight Deck cruiser to purchase Advanced Orion Interceptors... but also mentions the Dacoit.

So... do you need ANY Orion Flight Deck Cruiser (in which case, I'll get the Marauder), or do you need the Dacoit?

I don't want to buy every Orion ship, and I'd prefer to just get the lvl 40 one, but I'll just buy the Dacoit if I have to.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-02-2012, 11:37 PM
I have purchased the Marauder Flight Deck Cruiser and currently do NOT have access to the Intercepters, so I would assume you need the flight deck cruiser that can comes standard with them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Unfortunately you need to purchase the Dacoit in order to purchase the advanced interceptors.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Oh well, thanks for the info.

Saves me some money, I guess. Now I can just stick to my KDF Sci.

/those Orion Interceptors are nice to have in STFs...
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-03-2012, 01:38 AM
It may be possible to have some posted to you by someone else
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-03-2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
It may be possible to have some posted to you by someone else
It's not, Blue are Bind on Pickup.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
It's not, Blue are Bind on Pickup.
So are any ship-specific greens too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61 View Post
I'm sure the green ones are bind on equip (at least they used to be). Otherwise why can I launch green S'kul fighters from my Marauder without owning the Kar'Fi?

I bought them off the exchange.

And yes to answer the OP you need the Decoit to get the interceptors. They are great in STFs
I'll see if I can put some green interceptors on the exchange tonight.
Though I must say, their DPS isn't great at green level. I didn't use them until the blue ones came out with the chroniton torps included. Makes a big difference. Otherwise I'd be going back to my S'kul fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61 View Post
A small correction the green qualitys are Bind On Equip.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erad84 View Post
I'm sure the green ones are bind on equip (at least they used to be). Otherwise why can I launch green S'kul fighters from my Marauder without owning the Kar'Fi?

I bought them off the exchange.
I will have to take a look, but before the last patch both the Kar'Fi fighter and frigate were Bind on Pickup. Prior to the Atrox's introduction, the frigates were unbound, but the fighters properly bound on pickup. I have no idea how you have S'Kuls without owning the Kar'Fi on your account.

Edit: Whatever glitch allowed you to get S'Kul fighters doesn't seem to be around anymore. Green quality S'Kul fighters and Fer'Jai frigates become bound the moment they hit my inventory. They gray out when bringing up the Sell tab of the Exchange without ever having been equipped, and there are none of either listed on the Exchange. Enjoy having slipped through the cracks I guess.