Lt. Commander
# 1 Untying an NPC
06-03-2012, 12:38 AM
I want to be able to approach a an NPC that is sitting and tied, then I want to kneel and untie them and then they stand up. I've tried every way I can think of ... it would be nice if the NPC could be declared as an object, or have objects that are people in various 'states'.

To get the 'interaction' of untying the person I put an invisible box over the tied up NPC - then I interact with the box which can't be seen.

So any way to do this?

- Ron
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Currently no. It's one of those things we as authors have noted with great pain. Hopefully it changes in the future.

Until then, you may need to do some restructuring or think of a good excuse. I know I've used "Go on, we need to rest" and "My legs are asleep" before. Silly I know, but, a simple wave off is better than nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-03-2012, 02:17 AM
If you use the sitting tied stance next to a wall or something similar then you can untie the NPC.
Untie him then have the player go somewhere, out of sight. When there, move the object next to the sitting NPC so it would cover him completely. Finally spawn up a same looking NPC with standing stance. This can happen using reach marker or a trigger.
When you return, you will see the NPC untied and standing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-03-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
If you use the sitting tied stance next to a wall or something similar then you can untie the NPC.
Untie him then have the player go somewhere, out of sight. When there, move the object next to the sitting NPC so it would cover him completely. Finally spawn up a same looking NPC with standing stance. This can happen using reach marker or a trigger.
When you return, you will see the NPC untied and standing.
This is a great idea. If you want to go one step further, make the bound character up against a wall inside the room. Same thing as above have them leave the room. Then instead of covering them with a crate or box pop in a whole new wall and empty chair etc.. If the room is big enough the player should not notice the slight change in size.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-377 View Post
Currently no. It's one of those things we as authors have noted with great pain. Hopefully it changes in the future.

Until then, you may need to do some restructuring or think of a good excuse. I know I've used "Go on, we need to rest" and "My legs are asleep" before. Silly I know, but, a simple wave off is better than nothing.
What about this ... the NPC is 'afraid', then I kill rats and the NPC changes states ... can that be done? One of the problems I'm having is that I can't change the NPC's 'state' after I perform an action.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-03-2012, 08:15 AM
You are running into the same problems. The Foundry is not a polished editor, it hasn't left beta testing... So we are going to have to cope the best we can, using 'tricks' and 'tips' we get from these veterans. So far the only way I know to change emotion is in the dialog. You can set the base emotion on any NPC and you are stuck with it. I was wanting an NPC to just beam out and there is no way. They can't disappear or even walk out a room.

If you are talking about your NPC tied to a chair scared? Just make the new guy happy when the player returns.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandukutupu
You are running into the same problems. The Foundry is not a polished editor, it hasn't left beta testing... So we are going to have to cope the best we can, using 'tricks' and 'tips' we get from these veterans. So far the only way I know to change emotion is in the dialog. You can set the base emotion on any NPC and you are stuck with it. I was wanting an NPC to just beam out and there is no way. They can't disappear or even walk out a room.

If you are talking about your NPC tied to a chair scared? Just make the new guy happy when the player returns.
DRATS! Foiled again!