Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-03-2012, 09:31 AM
To be honest I need the EC.

Also, most of my ship was based around loot I've gotten. i got a Mark XII Purple plasma weapon enhancer, guess what I use now. I have gotten some mark XI borg weapons, but I still could use some more 'custom' DOFF's I have started putting loot into my feresan's Fleet storage, mostly cause my caitian's in a smallish fleet
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Various purples and blues I pick up: Cash generators so I can buy items I may need at a later date.
STF gear: Mostly for looks (especially the KHG gear), but also to survive longer in PvP.

Outside of that there isn't much to do with anything I pick up. And I'm okay with that, I dislike games where it feels like there's an endless grind. I've reached what I feel is the end of the game, and I have a few things to pick up while I PvP, which is one of the only things I enjoy doing these days.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I'm a mmo noob, and I've pretty much stopped caring about any of the loot in STO. The game is easy without it.

So, why do you guys care about shinies and loot at this point? What do you do with the stuff? Why should I craft for it? Why should I grind for it? Why should I care about the loot?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. Why does the loot matter?

Also, what is the point of getting the stuff? What do you do with it?
It depends on what the loot is, naturally...

I only take the things I want or know that I will need. Mostly I get a little excited about MkXII gear, but all that drops is really pathetic stuff. So, Borg data chips and the like are the only thing I really hope to acquire.

I WISH they'd unbind the rare borg loot so that we can sell it on the exchange because I keep getting piles of the rare borg stuff that I don't need and don't want.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Given the loot here, and what we can do with, it, I don't bother, its not useful in any way. The gear I have, i either made, or earned via the emblem grind, when I did that. I have no use for min maxing or anything else, been there done that, lost to many friends over the stupid.

Loot in STO, is pointless, it is, you have ZERO to use it on, and what "epic" loot we do have, is only marginally better than the rest, and that, is apparently by design no less.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-03-2012, 01:43 PM
I personally am no longer interested in loot. I trade it in for EC's which I use for Doffs and consumables or just save up. Note: I have the Jem'Hadar ground set and the borg set + maco shield for space. All MkII STF weapons, and at least blue consoles. There really isn't need for anything more unless you are into high-end PvP or just want to collect everything just to say you have.

What motivates me at the moment are the foundry missions. I enjoy experiencing the imaginations and creativity of others and immersing myself in the Star Trek Universe. This game has so much untapped potential here.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedo42

What motivates me at the moment are the foundry missions. I enjoy experiencing the imaginations and creativity of others and immersing myself in the Star Trek Universe. This game has so much untapped potential here.
I'm making a big list of good missions. Check it out.

At this point, I'm only playing Foundry, and I often just don't even notice drops. Maybe if I'm right on top of it I might hit F, but I won't run to the other side of a room for loot.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I dont even bother with loot or picking up loot, most of the time I don't even check to see what it is.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-03-2012, 06:34 PM
I have 2 accounts and around 15 characters. Some of them I don't play that often and their equipment is lacking. Yes, you can get through the game just fine with junk loot set-ups but compared to my main toons they pretty much suck and when I need to play them it takes longer.

So I use loot all the time. Either to equip my poor toons, or sell for EC which in turn goes for equipment upgrades. Crafting for me has been dead since the Dilithium tax. I pretty much refuse to waste DL for that.

I also use Cryptic's story missions for decent equipment when I can. And I do NOT play Foundry partially because it's not a good place for loot. Partially because I believe PWE & Cryptic either needs so get their act together and complete the KDF Faction with Story Episodes. And also make a Romulan Faction with Story Episodes.

And if Cryptic cannot be bothered to make Episodes as they should then they need to admit defeat, convert the best Foundry Missions to be official STO Content and add appropriate loot and rewards to them. If I play a mission I want a cookie at the end - for me that is a good item or loot I can use. Do that with the Foundry and I will start playing it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I'm a mmo noob, and I've pretty much stopped caring about any of the loot in STO. The game is easy without it.

So, why do you guys care about shinies and loot at this point? What do you do with the stuff? Why should I craft for it? Why should I grind for it? Why should I care about the loot?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. Why does the loot matter?

Also, what is the point of getting the stuff? What do you do with it?
i sell all of the loot i get
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-04-2012, 09:01 AM
I guess i hunt Loot partially because it's usefull, better loot = easier time at harder difficulties / boss enemies / more damage in PvP (if that even counts as reason these days... not that i would even play it...)

and the *shiny* items... well because they are SHINY!
That is all the justification that is needed there.

Running around STO in a shiny Maco XII Armor is just something that you can't buy for C-Points.