Lt. Commander
# 1 Defera Missions
06-03-2012, 08:11 AM
What is the best hand weapons to kill the borg on the Defera Invasion I did it yesterday and realised my weapon was not good enough
What is the best one for this mission.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Atomic Mega Collider is the most powerful anti-borg weapon. It only drops from Terradrome.

Seriously, a MK 12 of what ever your favourite weapon type is the best one for you. Without this knowledge how is anyone supposed to give you advice.

Personally I like a Sniper Rifle and a Pulsewave. If I'm on a Tac with a Squad Leader kit, I like a Split beam and a Pulsewave.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom
What is the best hand weapons to kill the borg on the Defera Invasion I did it yesterday and realised my weapon was not good enough
What is the best one for this mission.
Might be helpful if you knew what you were using as well as what level you were.

I just use a Tetryon High Density Beam Rifle Mk X [Dmg] [DoT3] as one of the kits that pops out plasma grenades. That works fine for me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-03-2012, 10:37 AM
I use a MACO sniper rifle and a dual phaser pistol [acc] [ctrl?] [DOT3]
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-07-2012, 12:39 AM
It's easy with an Engineer character.

Plant transphasic bombs and chronitron mines everywhere and blow the Borg to pieces. I even managed to solo all the Medium difficulty missions with relative ease. Unlike STF Borg, the Deferi Borg aren't very aggressive.

If I need ranged firepower I use a disruptor minigun and a phaser pulsewave... and those work great in Elite STF too!

(Yes the Borg will adapt to your minigun.... after an entire squad of drones has been shredded by the gigantic secondary fire burst. Crouch + aim for 33% damage boost for best results.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Swords

"Adapt to that smart boy"
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Mark X Analyst kit on my Science Captain--BBQ 'em with exothermic induction III and mop up the remains with a split-beam plasma rifle or sniper rifle.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-07-2012, 06:51 AM
I recommend pulsewave weapons(knockback effect, big damage and all of that in cone area) as all of Defera is close combat will large number of borg. U can have sniper weapon in backup for some situations.

Sci with Analyst kit easily does solo all but few easy/med missions. Engineers benefit from mines especially in med/hard missions as there are big wait times and enemies appear on known positions.

Ah yes, most(if not all) crafting missions which are zone-wide are just pointless so I recommend not losing time on them.

Also drops in Reward boxes(from Hard missions) are useless except Borg prostetic(which are just 2 handed weapons) and can be sold for for 1-2M EC or possibly be used. IMO the only usabe is "Tactical prostetic" which pretty effective against non-borg.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Personally I like a Sniper Rifle and a Pulsewave. If I'm on a Tac with a Squad Leader kit, I like a Split beam and a Pulsewave.
take that advice...i also found compresor pistols to be effective (like littel sniper rifles, that seem to have no cd). But you will need the 3 part setbonus of either omega or maco set to have fun there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Essentially, the only thing particularly note worthy about Borg are that they adapt to you weapon. Therefore, there are three things you need to be aware of.

First, and most obvious, is you need to be able to counter their adaptation, so you have to carry with you a frequency remodulator and use it whenever you start seeing "Adapted" show up. I assume you know this, but it is worth mentioning for those that don't.

Second, carry two different damage types. That way, when they adapt to one, you can switch to the second weapon. Since a single use of the frequency remodulator will clear the adapted for both weapons, this reduces the number of times you have to remodulate.

Third, and less obvious, is that the mechanic for how quickly they adapt is based on the number of times you have hit them. That is, they will adapt to your weapon after about 4 hits. Note that it is based on the number of times they are hit, not how much damage is done to them. That means that weapons that shoot several smaller bolts per shot will be adapted to quicker than a weapon that does a single powerful bolt per shot. This is one of the reasons why pulsewave and sniper shot rifles tend to be the preferred weapon types. They both do single powerful hits. This means that you will spend more time shooting and less time clearing the adaptations. Both weapons also do knockbacks, which is also useful.

That doesn't mean you can't be effective with other weapons. Just keep in mind that you want to mimimize the amount of time you are having to adapt. The best way to do that is to carry weapons that do single shots doing high damage and carry two different damage types.