Lt. Commander
Hello,

Before I begin, I would like to say I've enjoyed this game quite a bit; immensely in fact since the recent improvements (BEFORE the PerfectWorld merger) and have never had a problem with submitting tickets, customer support, or getting refunds before.

However, as of late, I feel I've been treated unfairly.

In January, I recently purchased a lifetime that came with a 30 Day money-back guarantee. It was listed right above the buy options, I even have a screenshot of this. However, after about two weeks of playing with the changes PWE was making (especially the abysmal lock boxes), I discovered I did not like this game anymore. Not one. Single. Bit. Going F2P, personally, was a terrible decision for gamers, even if it was a smart business move for share holders. (Ahem, lock boxes)

Anyway, long before the 30 day guarantee was over, I requested a refund and for my account to be cancelled. I even submitted a ticket for this, but didn't receive a reply for almost a full week. By that time, I was notified that "We're sorry, we cannot offer you a refund. Have a Good day."

I was clearly infuriated, but took a day or two to calm down. When I went to support to submit another ticket, I discovered that I could not. It's been like this for four months- I have not been able to access PW Support (any time I log in with my PW account, it gets caught in a loop on both FireFox and IE; the same thing happens on other PCs). I am incapable of fighting the decision to void me of both my warranty and refund.

With this in mind, knowing that Cryptic and PWE have turned to bad business practices, I'm more than willing to do a full chargeback unless I get help.

Again, I love your games, but I simply dont' play them enough to warrant the 300 dollars I put on a lifetime; I'm hardly ever around, and all the time I had to spare playing STO was wasted long ago. I will do a chargeback unless I get help on this issue. Reasonable help that doesn't suddenly lock me out of support and refuse to answer for weeks at a time.

I need help!

If anyone is out there, thanks for replying. I don't mean to come off as ugly or offensive, I really love Cryptic, but things are going too far in the wrong direction!

tl;dr
----
I cannot access support.

I was not allowed a refund within 30 days, despite having a 30 day garauntee.

Support website loops, etc.

Help.

Chargebacks.

Bunnies.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Just to mention, I would have done the chargeback during the 30 days that they offered. This late afterwards, your processor will probably reject your request now. edit: I have a merchant account and I know the policy of my processor is to reject everything six months after payment is made.

Be sure to document everything when you request it.

edit: Good luck though
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I've already spoken to my Bank about it possibly doing it, they didn't seem to have any reason not to.

All the same, I'm trying to do this as peacefully as possible. Unfortunately for me, I actually like Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Still waiting for help.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2012, 11:03 PM
I still don't get this its a life time sub for life untill the game burns out

Life sub means it will never Expire way would you go to free to play with a life sub you never have to pay again.

We all no that the support does kinda suck!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Still waiting.

Again, I can't access my tickets in support.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-06-2012, 04:57 AM
Dude no offence intended, but stop being an idiot and just file the complaint/charge back with your bank. Make sure you have all the proper documentation showing that it does say 30 day money back guarantee and hopefully you have the message and reply you said to PWE and their reply so you have proof of when you initially made your request for the refund.

You've already waited WAY TOO long to escalate this, and remember it doesn't matter if you like Cryptic or not, the billing and customer support is PWE NOT Cryptic.

Someone on the forums I think it was one of the people that got hacked, actually had a phone number for PWE. It was in one of the "I got hacked threads" so maybe you can find it and escalate it through phone customer service as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-06-2012, 05:22 AM
I think you should just initiate a 'chargeback'. I don't think that 'hurts' them any more than just giving you a refund. In any event, I think time elapsed is relevant to the success of your charge-back. Once you intiate it, the onus is on them to dispute the chargeback. If what you say is true, they won't be able to do that. Problem solved!
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
Someone on the forums I think it was one of the people that got hacked, actually had a phone number for PWE. It was in one of the "I got hacked threads" so maybe you can find it and escalate it through phone customer service as well.
888-344-4478

I was trying to be polite but +1 for the response.