Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Force/Verify Files not working
06-03-2012, 09:34 AM
The verify / force verify function is not working at the launcher. I had a fatal error that requires verification of the files. Its gets to "patching" then stays there till I close the launcher. Anyone else having this problem? I have tried all the different combos of selections to no avail. Its seems to have shown up with the appearance of the "redshirt" button in the launcher.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Also having this issue, just uninstalled and am reinstalling to see if it happens again
if still wont force verify (Error or not) then the launcher must be bugged
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori_Ookami
Also having this issue, just uninstalled and am reinstalling to see if it happens again
if still wont force verify (Error or not) then the launcher must be bugged
Or you have something that is interfering with the launcher downloading/patching files... Things like having more then one anti-virus packages installed on a system can do this...

You also might want to 'exclude' the STO directories in your anti-virus configuration.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Or you have something that is interfering with the launcher downloading/patching files... Things like having more then one anti-virus packages installed on a system can do this...

You also might want to 'exclude' the STO directories in your anti-virus configuration.
I have been using the same anti virus program since I re-installed my computer. But I did just recently update it. Thanks for the info! I will try this...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-12-2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
I have been using the same anti virus program since I re-installed my computer. But I did just recently update it. Thanks for the info! I will try this...
Got me curious. How long are you letting it sit there? I just fired it up and after a couple of minutes, it's sitting on patching for me as well but it's only been a couple of minutes.

I seem to recall an average of a 10 minute check for verify to run. Or at least that's what's been suggested in the past.

edit: Just came up. 6-7 minutes maybe?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-13-2012, 04:48 AM
I have let it sit for over a half hour. Normally it only takes about 6 minutes to verify.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Hmm, not working for me either. No problem patching any CO or STO server, I can stop and switch patching from co test to redshirt in mid patch, but force verify won't work.

Edit.. checked on 2 different pcs, and both a cryptic and a pw account, force verify just sits there, no files roll by anymore and hitting cancel does nothing but put a white box around the cancel button. You have to kill the launcher and restart.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-16-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm having the same problem. One of the hogg files is bad and keeps kicking me out of some PVE content. I used their advice and deleted the hogg files affected and to use the force verify, and nothing happens. If I uncheck the box it starts to redownload a patch, assuming it's the files, but the logon client continuously crashes. On top of that I have sent about ten crash reports with no feedback or resolution at all.
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
# 9
09-29-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm having this same problem, does anyone have a link to a fix or a newer thread for this?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 PM.