Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Man I'm really sorry. Had I known you were going to take it so hard, I'd have called into work and explained why I couldn't come in...
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-03-2012, 07:02 PM
People don't really want to do tournaments when the game is this broken. Winning isn't as sweat, losing has a more bitter taste, and the general feeling changes to one where bringing more cheese becomes more important than actual skill.

If PvP balance were in a better state, I would have loved to participate in your tournament.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-03-2012, 07:50 PM
I thought it was an RP event.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-04-2012, 08:21 AM
I am at fault. I lost track of the event during the course of my Saturday dealing with a RL issue that popped up and had to be handled.
I am sorry I missed it, as I was looking forward to it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
I had stuff to do at that time. I felt sort of bad, because I've been supportive of it on the forums, but RL takes precedence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian334
What was STO Frontlines, and why did I not know about it? If there was a Space PvP tournament that I missed I am going to kick myself really hard.
I also think there wasn't enough publicity. Maybe when Season 6 hits, and more people come back to play, get a lot of big announcements, get BranFlakes to sticky a thread, or something.
Lt. Commander
Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. It means a lot because, not only am I fond of you all, but most of us “grew-up” in STO together , but I really enjoy each of your quirks and personalities you bring to the game.

The thing about me is, I'm like a rabid ol' dog. Once I latch onto something, I rarely let go. Just backing-up for a running start, that’s all.

I’ll be back
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
At least I warned you ahead of time that I would not be able to participate Saturday due to obligations. (Maybe you should have also "Advertised" it for STOked to get more support?) And so what if you maybe didn't get the participation you wanted saturday? You set it up to be an Ongoing thing, not just a one shot tournament right? Then just either re-schedule the previous event, or extend the schedule to make it a week long event to give everyone interested time to participate.

Then after that plan the next event and continue on. I liked the Idea you had going for it. And I can see the potential of it until we get to Season 7 (Because quite honestly, Season 6 will be too early IMO for the PVP Changes to bare fruit) which should hopefully be a bigger pick up of PVP once Gozer has had his time to Iron out what he is able to give us from Season 6 and beyond.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
At least I warned you ahead of time that I would not be able to participate Saturday due to obligations. (Maybe you should have also "Advertised" it for STOked to get more support?) And so what if you maybe didn't get the participation you wanted saturday? You set it up to be an Ongoing thing, not just a one shot tournament right? Then just either re-schedule the previous event, or extend the schedule to make it a week long event to give everyone interested time to participate.

Then after that plan the next event and continue on. I liked the Idea you had going for it. And I can see the potential of it until we get to Season 7 (Because quite honestly, Season 6 will be too early IMO for the PVP Changes to bare fruit) which should hopefully be a bigger pick up of PVP once Gozer has had his time to Iron out what he is able to give us from Season 6 and beyond.
Thanks bud. Am not giving up on the idea for sure!
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I would have loved to participate. Honestly , I am new to PvP and starting to enjoy the community of helpful folk, etc etc. It seemed like the only way to sign up for your event was to go to your website and sign up for the forums of a fleet I am not involved with in any way.

If perhaps , as a means of organizing , you just said HEY !! ALL INTERESTED OFFICERs , MEET HERE at such and such a time. We will be using the In Game Channel "Organized PvP" to coordinate things the day of the event. I just wasn't willing to sign up for yet another website, just to participate.

Also, RL kind of ambushed me and took me hiking with friends that day, but I would have loved to participate.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-04-2012, 08:14 PM
We tend to be quite literal about PVP because there's not much else to do that I know of. There's only so many times I can play the same few maps in a day before I get bored and do something else, ironically, the forums as a whole are so much more entertaining then the current game that time tends to be split 50/50! I haven't PVP'd for as long as a lot of others, but it's plain even to my eyes that PVP has been shafted since the beginning. And as those that do PVP are more technically minded them the rest of the playerbase, they're passionate to see their time not wasted.

But you only have to look at the thread names that have been made in the last fewe weeks (since Gozer started his weekly updates) to know how much more POSITIVE the PVP forums were from before.

IMO the OP is reading a bit too much into this and needs to stop rabbiting on about his Frontlines project >.> I was lead to assume it was some sort of video project from that PM you sent me, I wasen't aware it had any baring at all on PVP.