Lt. Commander
Okay, so I was told I can't post in threads more than 30 days old (!), so copy and paste:

If you are going to have an event like "Tour the Galaxy (Universe)", where getting around the map as fast as you can as many times as you can within an hour is the goal (if you want to earn ec anyway)-

then being able to bestow the speed boost on someone (who didn't put in the hours you did), while being unable to take advantage of it yourself --

Doesn't sound like a perk to me. In practice, it's a Burden. And, no, in this context, the speed boost isn't negligible. With every other speed boost application out there (like the Borg Engines), being able to go warp 34.9 and warp 39.9 is a difference of about 400,000 energy credits.

This needs to be fixed yesterday.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-03-2012, 09:06 PM
It's great to promote team play and generosity. Ever since I got it, I'm just using it on anyone that gets in range. And guess what, most of my time online, I'm flying with DI (or/and Raiding Party) that others give me in return.

It actually feels pretty Star Trek.

And btw, the ability to cast DI isn't the only award you get from getting rank 3 in diplomacy, you also get the transwarp that in itself is very useful.

So, if you really want to get DI for the "Tour the galaxy" events, kindly ask in chat and give in return. Happy cruising!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-03-2012, 09:15 PM
You're missing the point. Once a player gains diplomatic immunity, they can cast the buff on other players, and that player gets a speed boost because of it. The casting player doesn't benefit at all from it. They can't cast diplomatic immunity on themselves to gain the speed boost.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I totally agree with toiva. A MMORPG is not a stand-alone single-player game...instead require social interaction and even goodwill.
You guys complaining about DI.....You seems only the usual PowerPlayers!

Cheers,
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verad.Odan
I totally agree with toiva. A MMORPG is not a stand-alone single-player game...instead require social interaction and even goodwill.
You guys complaining about DI.....You seems only the usual PowerPlayers!

Cheers,
400,000 energy credits can buy me better equipment, which can help my TEAM when playing STFs. It's not about "I".
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Another part of the issue is that the game never makes it apparently obvious that you've been granted diplomatic immunity or raiding party. There's never any message saying "Soandso has granted you X", so you can look around to find them and consider returning the favor.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2012, 05:59 AM
No it dosent need "fixing" (wich is a insanely wrong discription, since it is not broken).

If people want the speed and the ability to grant DI, they need to start working for it and ally with freinds... Just like everyone else.

Can't fix what ain't broken... Assuming you can, is just aint right... Stop trying to.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
No it dosent need "fixing" (wich is a insanely wrong discription, since it is not broken).

If people want the speed and the ability to grant DI, they need to start working for it and ally with freinds... Just like everyone else.

Can't fix what ain't broken... Assuming you can, is just aint right... Stop trying to.
Yes, it is broken

Player A has earned Tier 3 Diplomacy.
Player B hasn't.

Player A grants Player B Diplomatic Immunity/ Raiding Party.
Player B proceeds to earn 1.7 million energy credits running the tour. Player A wasn't able to get anyone to grant it to him, and earned only 1.25 million ec.

Player B goes out and buys that great piece of equipment with his credits, which costs 1.6 million ec.
Player A didn't make that much, so he can't buy it too.

Player B takes his equipment and goes plays Kitomer Accord Space Elite and has a great time.
Player A goes with him, but without that new piece, doesn't succeed as well- and in fact incurs several injuries that incur him costs (components). Player A doesn't have such a great time.

In a vacuum, this is PATENTLY unfair.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Seriously, 1M EC won't do much for you in STFs (I guess even less in PvP, but can't really say, don't play it). It has been shown the key there is the team, not the equipment (completion in shuttles and whatnot), but I digress.

If for whatever reason you need DI/RP at a specific time, ask for it. From what I experience, this game hasn't yet become such an unfriendly territory where you couln't get a little help from someone.

And I'm gonna repeat myself, but that feels very Trekky, not to mention you use diplomacy. You have something to offer, you need something, and in the end, you both benefit from it.

I really see nothing wrong with its current functionality.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Broken means that it dosen't work as intended...

Obviously, if you read up on it, it works exactly as intended.

Ain't broke, no matter how much you put your fingers in your ears, and hum loudly, that won't change.