Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Since you can't see the torp. Make a noise or a status message. I'd prefere a voice saying "Incoming Torpedo". And then you actually can choose a brace for impact ability or not.

One problem of course is if multiple torpedos are incoming over an extended period of time, hearing incoming torpedos is not really nice all the time. A blinking light would be sufficent because then also deaf people wouldn't be troubled.

The actual problems stems from torpedos hitting you before they hit you visually (network lag problem?).... besides them being small. Since they move so fast they might not even be visually launched before they hit you. By using voice at the time of the launch you have much more time to react.


Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Game bugs come in two varieties. #1, a bug that developers intend to fix but haven't gotten around to it yet and #2, a bug that they have no intention of fixing and therefore gets promoted from being a game "bug" to being a game "feature". Invisi-torps of insta-death are an example of variety #2
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-06-2012, 12:24 AM
I'd hate to interupt your trolling, but actually from what I've read this falls into a third category, It's something they want to fix, but they can't because of graphics card limitations. The invisitorps occur because there are too many effects on the screen. The GPU drops low priority effects to save memory, the problem is that the invisitorps are already the highest priority but they're being crowded out by other highest priority effects.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
I'd hate to interupt your trolling, but actually from what I've read this falls into a third category, It's something they want to fix, but they can't because of graphics card limitations. The invisitorps occur because there are too many effects on the screen. The GPU drops low priority effects to save memory, the problem is that the invisitorps are already the highest priority but they're being crowded out by other highest priority effects.
Somehow, I have a hard time imagining it being a "graphics card bug". I'll grant you, the fact of them being "invisible" may be attributed to graphics card limitations. But that doesn't excuse the fact that these torpedoes do damage in excess of 75k+, on a FULLY shielded target with full hull hitpoints (happened to me atleast once). No ship in the game has that much hull, and the shields are supposed to prevent some of the damage from coming through.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-06-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Somehow, I have a hard time imagining it being a "graphics card bug". I'll grant you, the fact of them being "invisible" may be attributed to graphics card limitations. But that doesn't excuse the fact that these torpedoes do damage in excess of 75k+, on a FULLY shielded target with full hull hitpoints (happened to me atleast once). No ship in the game has that much hull, and the shields are supposed to prevent some of the damage from coming through.
75k+? Are you insane?

They have never hit me for anything less than 99k+! Averages out to 6-digit damage!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matri View Post
75k+? Are you insane?

They have never hit me for anything less than 99k+! Averages out to 6-digit damage!
"in excess of 75k+" = More than 75k damage. I've probably been hit by the invisi-torps for far worse, but off the top of my head, this one came to mind. In any case, it's excessive when you consider that the most hull hitpoints any ship has (a cruiser), would be in the 50k-range. And as I said, when I got hit for 75k+ damage, I had 100% shields and 100% hull, and still insta-died.

And they say this is a GRAPHICS ISSUE? I think not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-06-2012, 05:45 AM
I always disintegrate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-06-2012, 06:35 AM
I also have the feeling that the invi torps are back again.
Yesterday I died two times and there was no incoming torpedo.
One was send from a CSE Raptor and one from a Cube, there was no other ships around.
It was not a one shot, because the my shield was down to ~70% (Atrox carrier with Mcao 12 shields and max shield skills), But it hitted my ship and crushed everything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
It's something they want to fix, but they can't because of graphics card limitations.
This is nonsense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guili
I also have the feeling that the invi torps are back again.
Yesterday I died two times and there was no incoming torpedo.
One was send from a CSE Raptor and one from a Cube, there was no other ships around.
It was not a one shot, because the my shield was down to ~70% (Atrox carrier with Mcao 12 shields and max shield skills), But it hitted my ship and crushed everything.
Oh thanks... I thought it was my imagination. The invisible torpedoes are come back. For 2 or 3 days I noticed. Cube shot torpedoes. I can see it. I shot it. And sometimes eventhoug I shot the torpedoes, there is another one (invisible) which one shot me. It's extremely frustrating. You think you escaped the torpedoes because you soot the torpedoes but an invisible torpedoes followed and one shot you. It's bad. You die and you don't understand why and how. Now I don't think it's a bug but a way to make the game harder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:18 AM.