Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 Thanks everyone
06-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Than you very much everyone
My Bortasqu is really powerful now. I changed skill abilities of one of my Tac Boff.
I dropped cannon and turrets.
3 BA and 1 DBB on the front.
3 BA and the Bio neural Warhead in the back.
I ran KASE yesterday. It was nice. 4 probes is ok now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Awesome! Glad you found a setup that works for you! I'm curious what the boff change was though?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I run a setup pretty similar to this in my science ship, except I have even less firepower (just faster turning), and I do alright. Move into their path about 12km from the gate, grav well when they're in groups, use Aux2Dampeners for turning, swing around a broadside, use FAW whenever its availabe for extra punch. I have a tractor beam for emergencies and 'the one that got away' but I rarely need it, and with the disruptor cannon you aren't without an emergency ability yourself.

Let me dig out a cruiser this evening. I want to see this work.
Sci ships can work fine in Elite STFs.

You just need to approach the tactics slightly differently...

My Nebula was flying in a KSE yesterday evening, 2x Fore Photons and a Dual Beam Bank, 3s Rear Turrets, Grav Well 1 and either Tyken's 3 or Grav Well 3 (both available, depending on BOFF positions). Tac Abilities were TT1 and APB1. Had a few P2W consoles on hand as well for emergencies (Vent Theta Radiation and Point Defense Universal Consoles). The only other things of note were that I had two Blue Projectile Weapon DOFFs slotted (and a Purple Conn Officer for Tac Team), and that the toon is a Tactical Captain so his sppike DPS is slightly better than a Sci Captain.

Was able to handle two probes whilst taking out the first cube + transformer OK. Three probes plus lending a hand to the cruiser soloing the other Cube + Generator was doable. Four Probes whilst killing the gate was doable, (but I didn't have much time between spawns - the 4th probe died and left only 10 seconds or so before the first one spawned. Mine you, they didn't ever get more than a few KM from the gate)

When the three players on the far side of the map popped their gate, I managed to control the entire spawn of Probes and Spheres using alternating the two Gravity Wells and the Vent Theta Console. I died once, during the initial Sphere/Probe Spawn I popped Evasive to venting Theta over them all, and flew too close to the gateway which got in a few lucky Torpedo shots on me. It would have taken quite some time, but I could easilly have soloed the first wave myself.

That's not a maximum DPS build either. The weapons aren't all MkXII Borg yet, plus 3 Photons would have been slightly better damage output for structures and Torpedo Spread II instead of APB1 would have been better for probes (combined with Grav Well, TS is a killer)...
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelwys
Sci ships can work fine in Elite STFs.

You just need to approach the tactics slightly differently...
Oh, I know. My own RSV handles probe duty in KASE just fine (kinda relaxing, even). I was just trying to help with tactics for the earlier-mentioned Bortasqu build, how I'd approach the role with that ship where you trade speed for more firepower and toughness, thats all.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
Awesome! Glad you found a setup that works for you! I'm curious what the boff change was though?
I changed scatter volley to betya attack pattern. It's really useful. This pattern improved a lot.