Lt. Commander
In her latest Captain's Log entry, Columnist Terilynn Shull shares details about the Fleet Advancement system that will launch with Season 6: Under Siege.

Link to the article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Hahah here we go!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainowen1
Hahah here we go!
I am going to pass and skip this one...... No thanks massively

*in support of borticus*
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Very interesting! I cant wait for this improvments to come to the holodeck!
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Sounds like all the fears about the big guys (large fleets) being able to prey on the smaller guys (fleets) might have been justified after all. There really needs to be more detailed information on exactly how the star base defense portion is going to work exactly.

On the plus side there was nothing mentioned about upkeep costs so hopefully this means there isn't any so a small fleet can actually grind their way through the development of the station and not just struggle with upkeep.

all in all not bad and it definitely sounds interesting, just really wish there was going to be separate zone for the star bases, one without the star base defense portion for the smaller fleets or fleets not interested in that and one with the star base defense for the larger fleets or fleets interested in that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Hope the starbase defense is a NPC type attack only.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Sounds cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
I am going to pass and skip this one...... No thanks massively
Why?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Quoted from the article:

Fleet Officers will have the ability to assign specific fleet projects they want the fleet to focus on. Some of these "will be gated by the starbase's development in each of the three major categories of Military, Engineering and Science, but others will be available only at certain times with unique rewards for those fleets who are able to complete their strenuous requirements."

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding how this works. The part about the gating of the projects dependent of the progress of certain tiers I have no problem with. Makes sense that you can't do more advanced projects until the underlying resources are there. However, the part about the 'unique rewards' being gated to certain times. I'm assuming this will be like the Vault event where you can only do the mission if you happen to hit the random time slot just right, and be able to complete the mission in an allotted time frame.

So does this mean that unless you can get all of your fleet members from all over the world and in different time zones together at just the right moment to do a gated event, you're pretty much out of luck to advance in that area?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Fleet members will be able to contribute a variety of resources, including [...] dilithium
Anyone else thing this might be a problem?

All in all, interesting reading. We'll see how much of this is implemented when S6 hits, since it seems rather overly optimistic to think that all that will be implemented on release (even considering what has been said to be 'for later') but it could certainly make fleets more engaged and involved.

I hope loosing FEs is worth it.

Also:
Quote:
but others will be available only at certain times
Really? Time-gating this, as well? I don't know anyone who is in favor of time-gated content.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
I hope loosing FEs is worth it.
Hey, the FEs might still survive. We haven't heard the results of their cost-benefit analysis yet.