Lt. Commander
# 271
06-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Any word on what some of the cosmetic projects might offer? Would be cool to unlock tailors and then unlock some sort of Holo-mannequins that can be placed nearby with various uniforms on...
Lt. Commander
# 272
06-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Any word on what some of the cosmetic projects might offer? Would be cool to unlock tailors and then unlock some sort of Holo-mannequins that can be placed nearby with various uniforms on...
It's still under development. I have heard some ideas, but haven't personally seen any specifics as yet.
Lt. Commander
# 273
06-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
It's still under development. I have heard some ideas, but haven't personally seen any specifics as yet.
What I want to do is take the biggest wall in the base and cover it with an enormous fleet emblem.
Lt. Commander
# 274
06-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
The Devs say that the worst that can happen is that the attackers "damage" the base, which has no effect on anything and is repaired the moment you leave the instance. You'll miss out on a chance to earn Fleet Merit or something, but that's it.

ok then. Thanks psycotic vulcan.
Lt. Commander
# 275
06-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
It would just have a lot more potential if fleets could tell their own stories, create their own campaigns, and make their fleet starbases unique for their fleet, beyond "we are science."

Instead we get a system. Another new system. What was once "new" is still broken. And what is new "new" doesn't incorporate the old "new."
Agreed. Many Fleets have tried to do this and some have succeeded but have all this extra layering will make the missions much more enjoyable.

I invision the Fleet leaders of a KDF Fleet with Painsticks waiting for new arrivales!
Lt. Commander
# 276
06-07-2012, 10:27 AM
I am just worried about having to do 5 man starbase defense with only 3 people. I know their will be static defenses but i dont believe that it will cover two missing team members.

I have read people outside fleets or in solo fleets can join a queue for fleet defense right? Is that how smaller than 5 man fleets will be able to gain tokens at a proper rate for fleet upgrades?

As for upgrading the station, It seems the STO team has set on the choice that their will be no scaling the material requirements. However i hope sometime in the future this is re-evaluated.

500k D-ore and 50 duty officers seems a bit of a steep price to pay for less than 5 people just for a potential tier 2 mission that doesn't net anything but a bridge officer, random box, eng exp, and some little Borg bit. Now i know all of those numbers are still subject to change but still seems a bit harsh for the 5 or smaller fleets.

Now on the flip side lets say you have over 100 people in your fleet or more, that mission is far more easily completed and the individual's time and in-game cost put in to upgrade is much much less than a 5 or less account fleet.

Larger fleets will blitz through the low levels, speed through the middle levels and just start to be challenged at the upper levels. Where as my fleet [when it is formed] of 2 active players and only three accounts wont see much of anything T3 and above for quite some time.

I would not want to think the cost of T5 missions at this point considering i will be paying the lions share of everything on the starbase. All i hope is the costs sometime in the future get scaled to how many accounts are tied to a fleet... that is if you can even tell how many accounts are tied to a fleet... can you?

Regardless of my concerns i look forward to this new system the only way to know how it works is to actually use it.
Lt. Commander
# 277
06-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditks View Post
I am just worried about having to do 5 man starbase defense with only 3 people. I know their will be static defenses but i dont believe that it will cover two missing team members.

I have read people outside fleets or in solo fleets can join a queue for fleet defense right? Is that how smaller than 5 man fleets will be able to gain tokens at a proper rate for fleet upgrades?

As for upgrading the station, It seems the STO team has set on the choice that their will be no scaling the material requirements. However i hope sometime in the future this is re-evaluated.

500k D-ore and 50 duty officers seems a bit of a steep price to pay for less than 5 people just for a potential tier 2 mission that doesn't net anything but a bridge officer, random box, eng exp, and some little Borg bit. Now i know all of those numbers are still subject to change but still seems a bit harsh for the 5 or smaller fleets.
Of the new starbase defense scenarios, only the Red Alert one is for fleet members only. All others allow for invites to people outside your fleet. Moreover, operational assets are designed to be potent enough to partially compensate for fewer players or pickup group dynamics.

There, are, in addition, other mechanisms - such as the duty officer system - for gaining Fleet Marks, so it is not even necessary to engage in fleet starbase actions, although that will be the most efficient way to accumulate Fleet Marks.

Scaling of material requirements by fleet size is very, very challenging to do without resulting in exploits, unfortunately, but there are a lot of checks on very large fleets built into the system as it stands, and more can be investigated as the system rolls out.

No Tier II project has more than 225k Dilithium cost, and that is for upgrading your Starbase to Tier III. Currently (and this is all very subject to change), upgrading your facilities - for example, your Shipyard - to Tier III would be about 112k Dilithium, and standard projects are more like 12k Dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 278
06-07-2012, 11:11 AM
To play the devils Advocat. I can only imagine why they would Timegate content.
But i assume there is a good reason for doing so. It could be to regulate the speed of the given content so that tests and observations of the released content can be monitored over a period of time and then adjusted if needed without causing massive damage or irritation. If something goes to fast to the opinion of the devs they might be forced to slowdone the process making a lot of people angry.

This reminds me of a school teacher, at first she was very strict and correct . But as time progresses and she gets to know you she gives you room.

Removing currency's is sometimes needed to make room for new currency's or to remodel the currency system. It seems only Logical that a constant goal of looking for improvement must be maintained. Therefor Removing currency's with a look at future possible implemented currencies is needed. If all currency's would stay in a game without any of the currency's being revised or removed there would be way more currency's ever imagined.

In basedefense i think there should be a option. The standard NPC Defense system that has can be taken over by a player for excample a player taking control over a defense weapon or a Engineering Shield Modulation minigame where engineers can "control" the shields to defend the base.

I have read there was no Upkeep for the starbase but i wonder how will the rewarding system work for Starbase pvp? Fleetcredits to individual players? Loot?(Plundered resources)

Would it also not be a good idea to put some Restrictions to wich fleet can attack who? A.K.A. Fleet Ranking system depending on Weekly Activity/Starbase Growth/Fleet Contribution/Fleet Development/Active Characterbase. This should give the small fleets a chance of survival and a comforting feel to know that they will not be outmanned or outgunned by masses alone. It should also make the game more dependant on Whits,Guts,Tactics,experience... And prove more Challenging and less frustrating.

I know pvp has a long way to go in this game. But i'm sure they are brewing a plan.

Thanks for your time and my apologies for my mediocre english.

And to my fellow players i friendly request constructive feedback on all of these forums. It's one thing to voice an opinion but just stating you like or hate something without fully trying to explain why you like or dislike the subject in question doesn't help much. So please try to post details in a constructive way .
Lt. Commander
# 279
06-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Of the new starbase defense scenarios, only the Red Alert one is for fleet members only. All others allow for invites to people outside your fleet. Moreover, operational assets are designed to be potent enough to partially compensate for fewer players or pickup group dynamics.

There, are, in addition, other mechanisms - such as the duty officer system - for gaining Fleet Marks, so it is not even necessary to engage in fleet starbase actions, although that will be the most efficient way to accumulate Fleet Marks.

Scaling of material requirements by fleet size is very, very challenging to do without resulting in exploits, unfortunately, but there are a lot of checks on very large fleets built into the system as it stands, and more can be investigated as the system rolls out.

No Tier II project has more than 225k Dilithium cost, and that is for upgrading your Starbase to Tier III. Currently (and this is all very subject to change), upgrading your facilities - for example, your Shipyard - to Tier III would be about 112k Dilithium, and standard projects are more like 12k Dilithium.
Always nice to get an -extremely- quick response from you guys, your customer service and Dev posts here on the forms are quick and always useful! [and sometimes funny]

I had guessed all numbers, example projects, and any information displayed in the pictures on the dev blog were subject to change or possibly already out of date.

The operational assets are a bit more powerful that i had guessed its good to know you have the bases pretty well covered for fleet size and participation in the various parts of this new system.

As for the prices you just posted. they are more than fine, I think you have a very well balanced system that any fleet of any size could easily deal with. I am really looking forward to season six.
Lt. Commander
# 280 Fleet Community Storage
06-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Greentings,

I would like to know, what will happen to our fleet storage items & credits?

Thank you.