Lt. Commander
# 21
06-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
I had hoped some more through and unique work would be put into this rather than just taking PWE's system, which from what I know of it, isn't going to sit well with the vast majority of STO's players after the initial hype. In my opinion at least.
Could you detail some of that system for us that don't know anything about it?
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sltdg View Post
Can we change Military to Tactical? Roddenberry always wanted to distance Starfleet from being a military organization as it's primary purpose, he wanted to emphasize the exploration/science activities instead. IMHO I think Tactical fits better with the lore of the IP.
Agreed, though it should be kept in mind that Starfleet's at war with pretty much everybody right now.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
As soon as I saw "According to Cryptic" I was concerned...
And the nail...
Soo...it is as I hoped it would not be...a fancy social area...

ie; this is going to be tough for the smaller fleets...Geez...maybe my fleet wouldn't be so small if we had *insert long lists of things the KDF has asked for over the past 2 years to attract more players*

*sigh* more time gated stuff? Really? Are you sure you are listening to players feedback on those?

Another form a currency being introduced? Wow...so much for that "reducing the number of curerencys" as the excuse for converting everything to Dilithium...seems like it was done so you could introduce more, different types of currency.

So...no new missions associated with it, as previoulsy indicated, or at least hinted at by Danny in the last interview, what a surprise...
Basicly, "If your entire fleet grinds the same tired missions over and over and over you can get one of these..."
Oh wait...that's what we're doing now...well, at least we'll have something to show for it now...
couldnt have said that better myself.

time gated content? jesus. you guys really dont listen at all do you? TIME GATED CONTENT IS BAD FOR THE GAME! NO ONE WANTS TO PLAN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE AROUND THE GAME AND THE MISSION!

how many times does that need to be repeated? we all have lives outside of the game. i know the PW wants to bring an asian style MMO over here, but time gated doesnt work- we arent drones the like PW's traditional clientele- the more time gated content you give us, the less likely we will be to play and spend money. at a certain point it becomes more hassle than worth the pleasure we get from playing the game. many people have hit that point. you keep doing this, youre going to drive the game into the ground. even though its quite obvious that is really the intention (take old currencies out to "get rid of the glut" but replace them with new currencies that cost REAL LIFE MONEY, ignore community feedback, skirt gambling laws, drive PvP into the ground by putting a guy who made STF's the crap they are today.... i really could keep going on and on here but i wont)

every time i think you guys cant screw up the game even more, you find a way to do so. bravo craptic, bravo indeed.

edit; good to see that nothing bad will actually happen to the starbases and we can choose whether or not we want to defend- id hate to be in the middle of infected ground elite just to have to leave and take a death penalty to defend my starbase. but still time gated? sounds crappy.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
In her latest Captain's Log entry, Columnist Terilynn Shull shares details about the Fleet Advancement system that will launch with Season 6: Under Siege.

Link to the article.
Amazing cannot wait untill testing starts keep up the great work Cryptic! New Starships highlight of my day just get rid of the time gated content that you talked about and all will be well.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-04-2012, 09:32 AM
OMG i cant wait this looks amazing season 6 sounds like a winnner
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-04-2012, 09:34 AM
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06...-with-stos-da/

The Captain's Log supplement is up on Massively.com (I'm sure Brandon will start a thread shortly). I found the following to be reassuring:

Quote:
The challenges being released this season include an assortment of enemies that will be assaulting your faction's starbases (and in some cases, maybe even your fleet's starbase). While these challenges are not designed to have negative impacts (for example, your base can be temporarily disabled but not destroyed), the challenge comes by needing to perform well in order to earn the most Fleet Marks. Without Fleet Marks, it will be impossible to advance your Fleet's Projects. We are not releasing cross-faction or PvP fleet challenges at this time, but we reserve this as an option for future fleet holdings. Rumor has it that the Tholians will be making their first appearance in Fleet Starbase Challenges.
Quote:
While we discussed at length all sorts of nasty losses that could occur, in general we feel it is more fun to provide a positive challenge to perform well than have fleets lose progress. The only real loss that occurs is when you don't perform well in a challenge and thus earn fewer Fleet Marks for that run.
Quote:
In some cases, an alert may pop up asking you to defend your starbase, but if you choose to ignore it (or aren't online), then nothing bad will really happen. You will simply lose out on the ability to earn more Fleet Marks. In most cases, players can choose when they want to play in Fleet Challenges by queuing to participate. Fleet Challenges are set for a specific number of players from five up to 20. There is also a new ground zone that will allow many more players to participate at once in order to earn Fleet Merits together. Once your starbase is established, it will have the opportunity to open up new missions and Duty Officer assignments in the future.
I'm looking forward to this.
Lt. Commander
# 27 Hmmmm...
06-04-2012, 09:34 AM
two thoughts:

(1) Let us build a SB out of these dang green crate thingies.... finally we'll have a use for them!!!

(2) How much you want to bet that you'll be able to build anything in a SB with a grind.... or surprise of all surprises, you'll be able to **BUY** something out of the c-store to speed the effort!

Ohhh well such is the ban of any MMO gone F2P
Lt. Commander
# 28 A little teaser
06-04-2012, 09:35 AM
It would seem a trend has begun using Massively as a Press Release Agent. Not sure I would have done the same thing, yet having the "press" involved is good for PR.

Correction: Operational Assets are NOT another In Game Currency but it is however purchased whith what is called Fleet Merits. Here is a direct quote from Massivly ; "will also provide fleet members with new special consumable devices called Operational Assets, which can be only be used in these special challenges." The Fleet Merit is the New Currency

Thanks to Heretic for posting the information, I stand corrected.

Now, to the heart of the matter. What A little teaser this is and I am happy to see its timely release.

I retract the original post.

Thanks for the opportunity to share my humble opinion here. Now to post this and have my fire extinguisher handy, here comes the flames no doubt.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-04-2012, 09:37 AM
I hope there will be more information will be released regarding the fleet system for example more bank tabs, more ranks, more control over events and ability to join several fleets together to create one large fleet without loosing the spaces of 4 fleets for example.
Lt. Commander
# 30 + 1
06-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sltdg View Post
Can we change Military to Tactical? Roddenberry always wanted to distance Starfleet from being a military organization as it's primary purpose, he wanted to emphasize the exploration/science activities instead. IMHO I think Tactical fits better with the lore of the IP.
+1 on this Dev's, get it right this is STAR TREK not PWE TREK.

Took a look at other games in PWE and found that it is true, we got a made over version of what is currently offered in other PWE Games.

PWE is the fraggin Publisher, why do they keep forcing the hardest to design and adapt MMO from an exsiting IP to become something it was never able be? Just another MMO? OMGosh!