Lt. Commander
# 21
06-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasteroz View Post
ive still seen some drops, but i think the loot table is kinda screwed right now- i got a green mk x drop (psg maybe?) during infected ground elite. never seen a green mk x drop in an elite before, so that kinda threw up a red flag. but they drops are still there, just less than before the last patch. after the last patch, i got 4 mk xii space drops (2 shields, 1 engine, 1 deflector) in 3 days. havent seen one since lol.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the increasing rarity and the accompanying price spike of higher end items in the exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-05-2012, 05:03 AM
We realy only have our perspective to make our judgements on. I do not believe that the devs have modified the drops for STF's and most are only hitting the other extreme of the loot tables. That said it is entirely possible that a patch could have had a bit of code accidently alter the drop percentages and the devs do not even know about it. They may check and see nothing wrong until they get the next round of stats and it shows something not dropping as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektre12
Aurora was cancelled because we started building UAV's and better satellites. Pretty soon no pilots will actually climb into an aircraft. My company builds the X-45 UCAV.

Should make conditional about that. I am not entirely sure all the perspective airline passengers are going to be ready for H.A.L.E. or some guy safely on the ground remotely flying to be in charge yet. Unmanned combat drones are one thing but the aircraft used to insert troops are a whole different story.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-05-2012, 06:58 AM
I have noticed a drop since the last patch... It could be just probability but don't think that is the case... The fact there is even a thread should be evidence there was a change of some sort...
Lt. Commander
First, read this...

Next, understand that what I call the "three out four" technique is used in all MMOs these days. You get 3 drops that are fairly easy to get and one that is truly rare. It is normal and yes it is annoying but that is how game designers do it these days. It is supposed to keep you playing and clearly it works...

Finally, without being privy to the inner workings of the design and support team at Cryptic, there is simply no way of knowing if there is a bug or "working as intended". I know some will think otherwise but they are wrong. I could explain why in detail, but I know from experience that it is a wasted effort and people will always prefer to believe what they want to believe. But just look at the message boards of any MMO and I am sure someone will have taken the time to explain it all.

FWIW, I got 3 protoype drops at once a few days ago in ISE; I get so much rare salvage, I seldom have to use ECDs to outfit a ship. So does that mean the drop rate is too high? No, it means the drop rate is random and sometimes you are lucky, sometimes not. But once again, those that want to believe they should be rewarded after running a relative handfull of STFs will still complain that the drop rate is too low. Then if they raise it, they will complain that top level stuff is too easy to get...and the MMO circle of life will be complete..
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feydman View Post
First, read this...
No, it means the drop rate is random and sometimes you are lucky, sometimes not. But once again, those that want to believe they should be rewarded after running a relative handfull of STFs will still complain that the drop rate is too low. Then if they raise it, they will complain that top level stuff is too easy to get...and the MMO circle of life will be complete..
Ok it's all in my imagination I have personally run over 1500 STF elite across 6 toons - perhaps that is a "relative handful" I don't have sts on how may other do - I do on avg 10 per day every day - so I notice a change. Perhaps it is all bad luck and my perspective is being altered not from the 1500 prior runs or the 10 runs per day but that "I have noticed a change in the last 50 runs - or 5 or so days.
Lt. Commander
The way it is needs to be changed -example - last STF 3 edc's were dropped in game - all 3 went to the same person - that is pure luck and of course has a low probablity of happening!

But...

I would say it should have a ZERO probablity of happening, and I would hazard a guess that most players would agree. The system could be changed so that if you receive a edc in game you are excluded from the next roll or your roll stat is consided greed and not need by the system - that would be a fair thing to do

Personally If I had received all 3 edc's during the game i would be mad that the others did not get any and would understand their frustration
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Wow, this thread is so full of logical fallacies that it is not funny, but it is a good insight into how people can delude themselves. People who study gamblers (and that is basically what STF drops are) document all kinds of illogical behavior and reasoning by those who gamble, a lot of which has been demonstrated in this thread.

So far, there has been zero evidence presented of any change in the STF drop rate, but look at all the people who insist that there has been one.

If you actually want to keep track of such things, start a thread where people actually submit how many STFs they have done and how many prototype techs they have gotten. Then, you can use hypothesis testing techniques to determine if there has been a statistically significant change in the drop rate.

Otherwise, you are just reaching illogical conclusions.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3
The way it is needs to be changed -example - last STF 3 edc's were dropped in game - all 3 went to the same person - that is pure luck and of course has a low probablity of happening!

But...

I would say it should have a ZERO probablity of happening, and I would hazard a guess that most players would agree. The system could be changed so that if you receive a edc in game you are excluded from the next roll or your roll stat is consided greed and not need by the system - that would be a fair thing to do

Personally If I had received all 3 edc's during the game i would be mad that the others did not get any and would understand their frustration
Why should there be zero probability of it happening? You have the exact same chance of getting three EDC in a row as the next guy. How does your proposed changes make it any more fair? It is like changing poker so that if you win a hand, you are not allowed to win anymore until everyone has won.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-05-2012, 12:46 PM
I personally do not care to hear what other people got from a drop unless its a fleetie.

Especially when it is someone who did little to help during the STF lol ****es me off
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Loot system is just crappy, and inconsistent, tbh. No conspiracy. RNG ftl.