Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey guys,

This was buried deep in a post about starbases and fleet advancement over at http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...272693&page=10 but I wanted to make sure people who were interested in the duty officer system specifically and had been waiting on word regarding commendation tiers saw it as well:

We are currently planning on holding off on increasing the personal commendation tiers from 4 to 5. However, we are planning on introducing additional - probably static - assignments that open up at Tier 4 to allow players to turn in CXP for Fleet Marks.

The thinking behind this (other than wanting to make sure we have enough good rewards for the existing tiers, let alone new ones) is to encourage use of the entire duty officer system rather than people simply hunting for a new set of assignments that directly reward Fleet Marks.

We are also considering additional tie-ins to the duty officer system. Several, actually, but what exactly is done is still being experimented with.

Additional clarifications:
  • This will not allow you to turn in enough CXP to bring you under the Tier IV minimum requirement.
  • This does not mean we are not going to increase the commendation tiers...it just means we don't have enough time to do it now correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Hey guys,

This was buried deep in a post about starbases and fleet advancement over at http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...272693&page=10 but I wanted to make sure people who were interested in the duty officer system specifically and had been waiting on word regarding commendation tiers saw it as well:

We are currently planning on holding off on increasing the personal commendation tiers from 4 to 5. However, we are planning on introducing additional - probably static - assignments that open up at Tier 4 to allow players to turn in CXP for Fleet Marks.

The thinking behind this (other than wanting to make sure we have enough good rewards for the existing tiers, let alone new ones) is to encourage use of the entire duty officer system rather than people simply hunting for a new set of assignments that directly reward Fleet Marks.

We are also considering additional tie-ins to the duty officer system. Several, actually, but what exactly is done is still being experimented with.

Additional clarifications:
  • This will not allow you to turn in enough CXP to bring you under the Tier IV minimum requirement.
  • This does not mean we are not going to increase the commendation tiers...it just means we don't have enough time to do it now correctly.
good to know. thanks for the heads up.

question: when is the Tier 4 Marauding going to get it's special outfit like Tier 4 Diplomacy?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
good to know. thanks for the heads up.

question: when is the Tier 4 Marauding going to get it's special outfit like Tier 4 Diplomacy?
I'll ping Art about that again. Not sure what got hung up there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2012, 06:00 PM
I think this is a great idea! It may require a UI tweak on the duty officer overview tab though, to show the player how much "surplus" CXP is available. Right now it's not terribly clear.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
groovy thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Any idea when the other commendations will get sufficient rewards? After Marauding gets the uniform, then Marauding and Diplomacy will be done. However, there are 10 commendations that only have titles and extra doffs and that is not enough.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Probably the same thing that got "hung up" with the 700-day vet reward Android costumes...
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Probably the same thing that got "hung up" with the 700-day vet reward Android costumes...
Awww ya beat me to it...
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-05-2012, 06:08 AM
so... what will we have to do to convert CXP into Fleetmarks?

Go to an NPC who directly converts it?
UI button?
Will there be a daily cap like the dilithium cap?
Can we live on CXP alone in the Fleet System if we don't care for the other ways to get Fleetmarks?
Can i collect all Fleetmarks from my 10 Chars and put them all onto my main character or will they be *cough* Bound again (Account bound please, i know your working on it!)?

Lt. Commander
# 10
06-05-2012, 10:30 AM
I can not wait till this come's out on the game, Do you know when it will come on the game yet or not.