Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Any idea when the other commendations will get sufficient rewards? After Marauding gets the uniform, then Marauding and Diplomacy will be done. However, there are 10 commendations that only have titles and extra doffs and that is not enough.
I wish I could give a good answer to this. It's something that comes up a lot, but is ultimately a question of scheduling priorities. Rewards are, unfortunately, not cheap. We are painfully aware that the other categories need more love, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
so... what will we have to do to convert CXP into Fleetmarks?

Go to an NPC who directly converts it?
UI button?
Will there be a daily cap like the dilithium cap?
Can we live on CXP alone in the Fleet System if we don't care for the other ways to get Fleetmarks?
Can i collect all Fleetmarks from my 10 Chars and put them all onto my main character or will they be *cough* Bound again (Account bound please, i know your working on it!)?
We're still hammering out the details here and throwing out some various options.

Currently, what we are thinking is a static NPC contact on your starbase will always have the assignments for each commendation category available and you will go to that contact and talk to them to get the assignment - so basically like you do with Security contraband turn-ins.

I don't think we need a daily cap on this; the fact that you will have to keep earning CXP should be a suitable governor on the system.

It would theoretically be possible to use this as your only means of gaining Fleet Marks under this system, though it probably wouldn't be the fastest way to get Fleet Marks.

Fleet Marks are currently planned on being bound to the character who earns them, however if all of your characters are in a single fleet they can obviously be donated to the same project that way. (This won't help if you want to congregate your Fleet Credits, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpenfold
I can not wait till this come's out on the game, Do you know when it will come on the game yet or not.
The plan is for this to come out with Season 6 alongside fleet advancement.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-05-2012, 04:20 PM
About duty officers "spent" for fleet projects, do we really spend them one-time like commodities, or can they be slotted to perform certain duties on the starbase?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessein
About duty officers "spent" for fleet projects, do we really spend them one-time like commodities, or can they be slotted to perform certain duties on the starbase?
They are currently spent one-time as commodities, essentially.

There has been some consideration to in the future possibly doing some kind of active slotting, however the major issue this system was attempting to address was providing a more effective economic sink for duty officers.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-06-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

There has been some consideration to in the future possibly doing some kind of active slotting, however the major issue this system was attempting to address was providing a more effective economic sink for duty officers.
What do you mean.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
What do you mean.
I believe he means that the DOFF is "lost". It is spent. The DOFF is 'destroyed', removed from circulation. You deposit a doff like a consumable and receive something in return, presumably scaled to the quality of the DOFF.

This is distinguished from a system like active duty doffs where the DOFFS might continue to exist and would provide an ongoing, passive benefit to the station....
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

Quote:
What do you mean.
Spending doffs like currency as sacrifices to Star Base construction gods, so just a little intergalactiic slavery no big deal.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
It's a pretty bold and unconventional move to make XP 'consumable'. Normally XP is static and forever and only increases. Feels strange, but I guess it will turn out ok.

Maybe there should be a daily per category limit, or is it acceptable that everybody runs the easy 20 20h engineering assignments only and disregards all the other categories, because their XP is harder to get? 20% max for each category would at least bring us to still do other categories in addition. dunno.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-07-2012, 11:04 AM
The way He's describing all this...,

...Makes it sound like Season Six isn't going to hit Holodeck till mid July..., if we're lucky...

There's still a lot of stuff "Being Discussed", at this point in the first week of June.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Spending doffs like currency as sacrifices to Star Base construction gods, so just a little intergalactiic slavery no big deal.
I prefer to think of it as a "permanent personell transfer".