Lt. Commander
Unlike most MMO's I have played, I was surprised that players could not open up a seller's shop. .

Okay So we have trade and the Exchange to sell your ware's and goods. Still it doesn't have the feel of being a Seller.

Since my creation of a Ferengi Character, I have been sooo wanting to do some selling or trading more in person than just posting something up hoping for it to sell, You know what I mean? I lIke the feel getting to know your customers and such. . . And returning customers , its more personal that way.

Yes again of course we do have Trade (with another player), and the Exchange.. Still I think it would be nice to have a little shop of your own, and still keep the Exchange for those who want to use it. Maybe they could add another floor level for Sellers in Earth Space Dock or some other place in Qo'nos? Maybe buy or rent a space to sell or inventory slots for sellers in a small shop or market area? IDk I just think it would be cool to sell in this manner.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Hrmm get rid of the npc shops no one uses and replace them with player ones. To get a shop you must pay rent which goes to the owned starbase fleet bank. See what I did there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Hrmm get rid of the npc shops no one uses and replace them with player ones. To get a shop you must pay rent which goes to the owned starbase fleet bank. See what I did there.
I see, and as a matter of fact it is another good Idea, but why limit it to Fleets and Fleet Banks? Not everyone is in a Fleet (And Certainly not me ). Still as an Addition to Fleet Star Bases. . . That definitely could work, another way to setup some sort of econmic structure maybe? Well the Idea is in the Air.

For the fleetless ones like myself who would prefer to use Earth Space Dock or DS9 it seems more Ideal . . But On the other hand, using Fleet Star bases renting a space for a nominal fee, and that SB's are something that all can visit. That would work out I think. . . at least par the Fleet it would help in profitting them .
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2012, 08:33 AM
1. There is the whole upper level of the promenade, simply start selling things there. Eventually people would know to look there.
2. There is the whole lower level of Starbase one, simply start selling things there. Eventually people would know to look there.

No need to create new areas for use when there are so many unused areas.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfegrey
1. There is the whole upper level of the promenade, simply start selling things there. Eventually people would know to look there.
2. There is the whole lower level of Starbase one, simply start selling things there. Eventually people would know to look there.

Oh yeah it's really that simple , of course you could always advertise on the Zone Chat, of course you could take up any place you want to stand, still it all depends on your advertising what items, no one could see your inventory and buy that item for a listed price.

Thus the Idea of a Sellers Inventory would also a great addition to a toon perhaps? least you could see what you are looking for or want. . Or just to browse .
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captyoung01
Unlike most MMO's I have played, I was surprised that players could not open up a seller's shop. .

Okay So we have trade and the Exchange to sell your ware's and goods. Still it doesn't have the feel of being a Seller.

Since my creation of a Ferengi Character, I have been sooo wanting to do some selling or trading more in person than just posting something up hoping for it to sell, You know what I mean? I lIke the feel getting to know your customers and such. . . And returning customers , its more personal that way.

If you want to get to know your customers, I.E. chat with them, you do not need a separate vender window, or you will just be bypassed and used as another NPC store. The ratio of those who want interaction beyond STF strategy complaints and zone antics is fairly small, not enough to install yet another new subsystem of programming when so many other things (like the still persistent cloaked Plasma torpedoes from the borg) need attention.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
If you want to get to know your customers, I.E. chat with them, you do not need a separate vender window, or you will just be bypassed and used as another NPC store. The ratio of those who want interaction beyond STF strategy complaints and zone antics is fairly small, not enough to install yet another new subsystem of programming when so many other things (like the still persistent cloaked Plasma torpedoes from the borg) need attention.
Yeah those cloaked Plasma torps are a real pain in rear. . .

Still all I am doing is throwing an Idea out there, if and when the bugs are worked out, then the possibility of other programs could go in at a later time... Or if it is so decided that such an idea could work, for now though I use the Exchange, and build a reputation by helping to create fleets and helping with my knowledge of the game in zone chat .
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Yes.. and they always hit when your flying away.... B*****d torps.....
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:

But we need Ferenginar!!

In all seriousness there are alot of unused social zones.. when's the last time any of you actually beamed down to Risa?