Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
06-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
I got killed by it.. now nerf it.

Get over it feds. How long has this thing been out and how few have cried over it? *raspberries* :-P

Get rid or your little auto turret and we get rid of our ISO charge. ( which I have bought and rarely use because to me it is a waste of a console space )
Exactly. Until it was widely known to be buffable by tac abilities, nobody used it. ever.
Before the fednerf train runs it down more testing needs to be done on wether its an always up sort of effect from buffing, just a tac buff thing, or if its the lucky high crit that happens on occassion like one gets with the Tricobalt torps or PSW3 that is well timed and really lucky.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
06-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Exactly. Until it was widely known to be buffable by tac abilities, nobody used it. ever.
Before the fednerf train runs it down more testing needs to be done on wether its an always up sort of effect from buffing, just a tac buff thing, or if its the lucky high crit that happens on occassion like one gets with the Tricobalt torps or PSW3 that is well timed and really lucky.
Its not comparable to trico's or PSW... those are effected by shields, they would literally be have to running numbers twice as high if not more so than what they currently run to one shot people.

Iso Charge can push comparable numbers, WHILE BYPASSING SHIELDS.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
06-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
Its not comparable to trico's or PSW... those are effected by shields, they would literally be have to running numbers twice as high if not more so than what they currently run to one shot people.

Iso Charge can push comparable numbers, WHILE BYPASSING SHIELDS.
consistantly? Or a lucky crit helped by buffing and timing? on a target obliviuos to whats gonna happen with no Hull resists running to help mitigate the damage?
Whats it do when nobody buffs via APA, ApO, GDF, and the skill that governs it? DO science Toons crank out the 50k final shot? Do Engineers pop out the high damage? Or is it really just a well timed Tac toon ability and a lot of luck?
Thats why I can't take the *****ing seriuosly (well that and the snide KDF comments the OP threw in his post). If it constantly cranked out 50+k damage no matter who used it, that would be different and I would call it OP but until it works that consistantly its a fluke and good timing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
06-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
consistantly? Or a lucky crit helped by buffing and timing? on a target obliviuos to whats gonna happen with no Hull resists running to help mitigate the damage?
Whats it do when nobody buffs via APA, ApO, GDF, and the skill that governs it? DO science Toons crank out the 50k final shot? Do Engineers pop out the high damage? Or is it really just a well timed Tac toon ability and a lot of luck?
Thats why I can't take the *****ing seriuosly (well that and the snide KDF comments the OP threw in his post). If it constantly cranked out 50+k damage no matter who used it, that would be different and I would call it OP but until it works that consistantly its a fluke and good timing.
Its mostly those lucky spikes of damage, and by its nature its a crap shoot all the time anyhow.
The point isn't how often, but the simple fact its possible AT ALL.

The target doesn't matter, defense has no bearing against its damage.
Its "electric" damage, there is no resists that can be stacked to reduce its damage. That isn't to say there isn't a base hull resistance to it, simply no additional resistance beyond "base resistance" you can get for the damage.

Its really only on full buff tacs + cloaks, and they need to be specced for partical generators (and have the consoles).
Yup its really that specific. To top it off its random as all heck, you can't target who will get hit by the effect, and it doesn't even always do enough damage to one shot someone.

It really is that random, but regardless of how random it is, do we really want ANY ability (and this is the only one I know of that can do it) to one shot players? Sure the borg have there hax invistorps for those PVE junkies but seriously for player based abilities Iso Charge "CAN" be the very literal one shot.

We are not talking super spike bops, that BO to drop a facing then hit with a giant buffed PSW+HY Trico.
We are talking a single attack, that CAN randomly one shot a person. That just shouldn't happen regardless of consistency, who can do it, how they do it, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
06-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
Its mostly those lucky spikes of damage, and by its nature its a crap shoot all the time anyhow.
The point isn't how often, but the simple fact its possible AT ALL.

The target doesn't matter, defense has no bearing against its damage.
Its "electric" damage, there is no resists that can be stacked to reduce its damage. That isn't to say there isn't a base hull resistance to it, simply no additional resistance beyond "base resistance" you can get for the damage.

Its really only on full buff tacs + cloaks, and they need to be specced for partical generators (and have the consoles).
Yup its really that specific. To top it off its random as all heck, you can't target who will get hit by the effect, and it doesn't even always do enough damage to one shot someone.

It really is that random, but regardless of how random it is, do we really want ANY ability (and this is the only one I know of that can do it) to one shot players? Sure the borg have there hax invistorps for those PVE junkies but seriously for player based abilities Iso Charge "CAN" be the very literal one shot.

We are not talking super spike bops, that BO to drop a facing then hit with a giant buffed PSW+HY Trico.
We are talking a single attack, that CAN randomly one shot a person. That just shouldn't happen regardless of consistency, who can do it, how they do it, etc.

All that random chance and much needed prepping plus lucky crit leads me to believe its not the ability but the fact that Tacs can buff it with thier abilities. Dissassociate that from its use and the Iso charge will go back to being the lol console that nobody uses and wouldn't use now if Emo had not discovered the nastyness its capable of in combat when Tac-buffed.

as was mentioned earlier, SELL IT in a box with the AMS console. Then everybody is happy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
06-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
All that random chance and much needed prepping plus lucky crit leads me to believe its not the ability but the fact that Tacs can buff it with thier abilities. Dissassociate that from its use and the Iso charge will go back to being the lol console that nobody uses and wouldn't use now if Emo had not discovered the nastyness its capable of in combat.
Which is fine with me, it just needs something, one hit kills shouldn't exist.
My personal suggestion was not letting it get effected by partical generators, but frankly cutting it off from tac buffs, works too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
06-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Look how OP this just was for me.. KICK ***!!

Your Isometric Charge deals 5910 (13562) Electrical Damage(Critical) to *****. ( ill respect the player's privacy since they got so Pwnd)

WHAT WHAT! oh man, you feds are sooo finished!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
06-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Look how OP this just was for me.. KICK ***!!

Your Isometric Charge deals 5910 (13562) Electrical Damage(Critical) to *****. ( ill respect the player's privacy since they got so Pwnd)

WHAT WHAT! oh man, you feds are sooo finished!
I agree. Horribly OP isn't it and three minutes later you can do it again.

I used this for over an hour last night in Ker'rat and never saw more than 24k in maximum fourth hit damage and then only once when all buffs and the timing lined up perfectly.
Most of the time it was completely ineffectual in outcome and went unnoticed by the target.
Only the most praticed players seem to be able to pull off the high-end numbers and then only occassionally, hardly an OP ability.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
06-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I agree. Horribly OP isn't it and three minutes later you can do it again.

I used this for over an hour last night in Ker'rat and never saw more than 24k in maximum fourth hit damage and then only once when all buffs and the timing lined up perfectly.
Most of the time it was completely ineffectual in outcome and went unnoticed by the target.
Only the most praticed players seem to be able to pull off the high-end numbers and then only occassionally, hardly an OP ability.
Agreed!

Didnt make a difference to me, would rather have subspace jump slotted
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
06-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Look how OP this just was for me.. KICK ***!!

Your Isometric Charge deals 5910 (13562) Electrical Damage(Critical) to *****. ( ill respect the player's privacy since they got so Pwnd)

WHAT WHAT! oh man, you feds are sooo finished!
I DEMAND A NURF!!!!111 The ability to do that much damage every 3 minutes is OP and is ruining PVP just like the BOP's and their OP battlecloak!!!111
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 AM.