Lt. Commander
# 1 Your favorite Foundry AUTHORS?
11-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Everyone has a favorite mission. How about your favorite Author?

Maybe it's one author that puts out a bunch of missions you enjoy, or maybe it's one that put out a one-hit wonder that you really liked. Either way, you recall the mission enough to remember the person's @name.

So let's have it. What are your favorite authors?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
Everyone has a favorite mission. How about your favorite Author?

Maybe it's one author that puts out a bunch of missions you enjoy, or maybe it's one that put out a one-hit wonder that you really liked. Either way, you recall the mission enough to remember the person's @name.

So let's have it. What are your favorite authors?
@alimac30. Best Foundry Missions created to date! =)
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-30-2011, 04:05 PM
If i had to pick one?

Cerritouru: respected author and android enthusiast... Heck, i'd choose him for his choice of MACO uniforms in the mission 'Surrounded' alone! (they look like Jean Paul Gaultier designed them and this amused me no end) :p

Who says stone cold borg killers can't be stylish??

Also, he was the first among the foundry community to give my mission a chance even though it was horrendously long when it 1st came out!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Hey, I never said you just had to pick one! Throw as many as you like, as long as they're your favorites!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_big_mad_boat_man
If i had to pick one?
Cerritouru
Also, he was the first among the foundry community to give my mission a chance even though it was horrendously long when it 1st came out!
Omg! Thank you! I am really proud! And your mission is one of the best, so I am glad to be there in the correct time!

About the topic, is hard to tell, there so many excelents authors, Pure_big is one of them, Alimac, Sovereign77x, KineticImpulser, Nagorak, Leviathan99 and I could be all day doing this and still miss some good author. So, that is why, I am just going to thank you all the players that made any foundry mission and to the players that support them!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I'll join in the mutual-adoration-fest here for a minute...

I've played many of the story-based Foundry missions that pop up on the forums or StarbaseUGC. I've enjoyed most of them immensely. I've been privileged to assist two of the community's finest non-native-English speaking authors polish up their text.

But two authors really stick out.

Kirkfat's "Return to Terra Nova" is a future episode of Star Trek begging to be made for TV or film.

And my nine-year old thought RogueEnterprise's "First Cause, Then Effect" was the Coolest. Thing. EVAR! He played it first and told me I had to try it. You blow up my ship ON PURPOSE. Genius.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Sweet, my missions are hits with 9 year olds! =D

I think amongst my favorites would be Captain_Revo of "Worst of Both Worlds" fame. Sort of an oldie but goodie at this point, but all of his missions are consistently of high quality.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
Sweet, my missions are hits with 9 year olds! =D
He usually has the attention span of a hyperactive chihuahua drinking espresso/red bull cocktails.

But he played yours all the way through.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Alimac30 is my favorite author at present. It's a hard pick though, plenty of awesome authors abound in the Foundry community.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Fave authors
01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I'll put in a few votes as well.

1. Duke-of-Rock and his Spawn of Medusa series and Omega Directive Revisited mission.
2. RogueEnterprise and his missions.
3. Capt.PFDennis and his many missions

I know I'm missing a lot, but these are probably my most favorites. I look forward to adding to this list
in the future as well.