Lt. Commander
# 1 More issues working on DS9
06-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Ok thanks to a lot of your videos tutorials, I have worked out some issues. I am placing people in the deserted station at DS9. I used my ruler method* to quickly find the chairs in one of the diners.

For example; I have 3 people sitting at; x:31.9, z:-6.5 r:-60.0 and x:28.9, z:-5.6, r:15 and x:33.25, z:-3.1, r:55.0

But some of the chairs are just unusable. The /loc that Kirkfat used before doesn't seem to give correct coordinates at all. They really need a "grab object" button so you can move this stuff around in the 3D testing.

So my question; Am I reinventing the wheel? Has someone already been here and placed all the coordinates of DS9 on the forum? IF not maybe we should start a X, Y, Z coordinate sticky thread so we can post them when we do find them.

*Ruler Method: I use a team of ensigns all in a line standing 1.0 apart from each other. Sliding and rotating the ensigns around one eventually lands on or near a chair.

==Update==

Screen Shot
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-08-2012, 04:00 AM
When using /loc, you need to divide the number by 3.281 when on a ground map. That will get you in the ballpark of the chair.

You still need to fine tune exactly where the NPC sits in the chair, and that can vary depending on what sitting animation you're using, and even how tall they are. It's always a bit of a pain.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-08-2012, 05:03 AM
But I always sit sideways in a chair like that...

Just curious since we're on the subject. Been trying to sit my avatar in a chair and she's never straight no matter how many times I try. There's no way to use the xyz to align her right so I can get a screencap, is there?

edit: Kirkfat? How did I miss that...
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Well you can now see it for yourselves. I finished up "The Other Starfleet?" by sandukutupu today. When you get to DS9 you will see people sitting, others chatting, etc.. just search on my user ID.

Best to leave me comments on stowiki in my talk there.