Lt. Commander
# 21
06-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Starship provisioning projects begin being available once you have a Tier I Shipyard (Military track), which can actually happen before you even hit Tier I for your Starbase as a whole. Which ships are available at each Shipyard tier is still being hammered out, but every tier is currently planned to make available additional ship provisioning projects.
Awesome, you just made my day. Starship provisioning projects (I'm assuming that means refit/retrofit) is the one thing that I am looking foward to more than anything else, with the starbases.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
this is getting me pretty excited. I like the idea of slowly building things up over time and through teamwork. its also nice to see someone wont just drop a huge sum of cash on it and buy a starbase inside a week. this should take months to fully max out.

i do still hope we can customize the star system itself. like the look of any planets, any nebulas etc. just to help make every system unique to that fleet.
sounds awesome and do ship inspections of passer-bys but it would be cool to see other fleets Sb's and star systems
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
The numbers escalate, so hitting Tier IV and V will actually be significantly more than that.

In addition, a fleet can only run one upgrade project at a time, and upgrade projects can take as long as a couple of weeks to complete once the input requirements are attained. There are a lot of upgrade projects.

Meaning, "at least seven months" is not a soft cap but a hard cap.
After it all registered of what you were saying... I was like they couldn't be that cheap LOL. Being its a new system and all I am just iffy about it being I most likely will be doing it alone since I'm not really willing to blow my own resources on something I may not be a part of on a whim of either needing to leave a fleet, or direction it might go not being what I would want. I understand the currency system but the part about contributions do not seem to carry with you in any form based on what is said so I've got an uneasy feeling about working with others on this kind of system.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-05-2012, 12:23 PM
when will we see it? june? july? any date when it get's in our hands. i want to play now. i have been bored with whats on there now. and how much more dang gated content. i'm never around to play the vault makes me so mad. we need better times. or open it up...

THANK YOU HERTIC FOR POSTING. I KNOW YOUR WORKING HARD... THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi Heretic,

Thank you for all of the new info so far, quite impressed and looking forward to S6 lot.

How helpful or useful (if at all) was my "Fleet Starbase Summary Concept Beta" thread?

Are there any ideas in that thread that you still quite fancy adding to the official Fleet Advancement system later on? Such as for example the idea of sending DOffs on espionage and/or sabotage assignments to enemy starbases, or that of having a separate DOff roster for the starbase, or that of pooling resources to create structures that give bonuses and allow the construction of ships as well as add varous other projects to a queue? Oh scrap that last one, that's actually in your system... lol Nice one!

I would really appreciate a "thank you" if I'm responsible for helping in any way add to the official design, I put a lot of effort into that concept back in August last year, just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Starship provisioning projects begin being available once you have a Tier I Shipyard (Military track), which can actually happen before you even hit Tier I for your Starbase as a whole. Which ships are available at each Shipyard tier is still being hammered out, but every tier is currently planned to make available additional ship provisioning projects.
So the Shipyards (Military Track) grants access to special fleet ships. What do the other tracks do?

Do the Industrial Replicators (Engineering Track) lower costs for consumables?

Do the Communications Arrays (Science Track)... help you send emails faster?
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-05-2012, 12:32 PM
great news again today! now only thats left is the realese date???
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-05-2012, 12:34 PM
atm from what this reads like quality of life for large fleets will improve while smaller fleets get left behind....
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
So the Shipyards (Military Track) grants access to special fleet ships. What do the other tracks do?

Do the Industrial Replicators (Engineering Track) lower costs for consumables?

Do the Communications Arrays (Science Track)... help you send emails faster?
This ^^

From what has been mentioned so far the military track seems the most superior. Will the transwarp powers be built into science tracks? And thinks like bank and exchange facilities Engineering?
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
atm from what this reads like quality of life for large fleets will improve while smaller fleets get left behind....
Thats my read on it too especially in mmorpg's this system takes a lot of trust of your fellow players in which these are the same people who click need on every item. I refer to the policy of only trust those as far as you can throw them and we can't throw anyone so... Part of me is excited but the logical side says not to expect much since there is not any real trust between players in this game or any online game pretty much.