Lt. Commander
# 41
06-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Sorry but I have to chime in here.

Once again they've created a gas tank without a sending unit.

Blue and purple bridge officers used to be the best thing in the world, now they're common place.

Blue and purple mark (whatever)'s used to be the cream of the crop, now they're common place.

Rare and ultra-rare duty officers are NOW the best thng in the world, but as one recruits and accomplishes mission, eventually they too will be common place.

Now for the future we have Starbases (without any upkeep costs, of course no damage that needs to be repaired and no Pvp [though eventually that will have to change, I imagine]) So, my crystal ball tells me that in roughly 1.5 to 2 years from now every kid on the block will have a fuilly functional, fully tiered and maybe even fully outfitted starbase, because there is no resource sink what-so-ever.

Don't get me wrong, I hope the features are cool, but seriously devs: You need to have sinks to put your energy credits, components, dilithium and so on into. Otherwise, they just continue to stack and stack until top notch is just commonplace.

But, that said, I am looking forward to seeing the newest thing on the street.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Anyone else catch the name of the system in the provided screen shot of the Fleet Holdings?

"I AM LRRRR! RULER OF THE PLANET OMICRON PERSEI 8!"
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Majority of the game/players are 1-5 member fleets so the sweet spot if they want to make any money off of it is about 3-5.
And you know this based on...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_riker01 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I hope the features are cool, but seriously devs: You need to have sinks to put your energy credits, components, dilithium and so on into. Otherwise, they just continue to stack and stack until top notch is just commonplace.
Hmmm. Having it cost several million dilithium seems like a sink to me.
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Starbase Progression Speed
The absolute fastest time - due to upgrade speeds - that any fleet could max out everything would be about 6-7 months, but practically speaking I expect this to generally be much longer.
As someone who is sliding back to casual play, I don't have that much time to invest in "Star Trek: Online". Since I have more important things to do in life, I just don't see myself crossing my fifth month anniversary. Since I am entering into my fourth month of "Star Trek: Online", I am also already pushing towards playing another game. Six to seven months to max out a starbase may be too long. Please reconsider.

Quote:
If the fleet wants more available, it can simply run the fleet project again. Yes, we expect there to be fleet politics as to what projects different people want to prioritize; this is intentional. That being said, we want to set the provisioning appropriately so they are in a reasonable supply - the intent there is not to make them highly exclusive, just to make sure that they are appropriately paid for by a fleet.
Personally, I don't play video games to work for another person. If I wanted to spend more time at work, I can easily ask my boss for some overtime. When it comes to the inner politics of fleets, I think there is a disconnect between Cryptic's expectations and reality. Once someone disagrees with a fleet owner's direction, the individual will most likely be booted from the fleet. Its that simple.

Second, if you watch the chat room lately, fleet owners are now conducting interviews. I have recently met one fleet that asks you to fill out a job application. *shrugs* "Star Trek: Online" is starting to feel like a real life job, which is the exact opposite behind why people play video games.

Where did the fun go?

You can tell that I am a solo player, so I guess the question is, "What is in season six for me?"
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-05-2012, 01:05 PM
I am very excited about Season 6. This whole Fleet Advancement System sounds very good.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
I understand the currency system but the part about contributions do not seem to carry with you in any form based on what is said so I've got an uneasy feeling about working with others on this kind of system.
When you contribute, you gain Fleet Credit which is what you need to spend at fleet stores. Your Fleet Credit is yours - if you leave a fleet and join a new one, you retain your Fleet Credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
So the Shipyards (Military Track) grants access to special fleet ships. What do the other tracks do?
Each category opens up access to additional provisioning projects. All of them have buff and category-specific operational asset provisioning projects.

For the Military/Shipyard track, this means ships and personal weapons. For Engineering this means personal engines and armor. For Science this means personal shields and deflectors.

Science also opens up access to Transwarp Conduit upgrades as well as a sickbay. Engineering also opens starship repair capabilities, a ship tailor contact and eventually a crafting station as well.

A large number of specialized upgrades also become available from Bartenders and Chefs to Skill Respec contacts to Bridge Officer trainers to Personnel Officers and Security Officers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Do these cosmetic upgrades include racial decoration upgrades? So a completely Borg, Andorian, Vulcan, etc. fleet will have a fleet base interior that fits their race?
Not at launch of the system, but it is something that has been talked about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_riker01 View Post
Now for the future we have Starbases (without any upkeep costs, of course no damage that needs to be repaired and no Pvp [though eventually that will have to change, I imagine]) So, my crystal ball tells me that in roughly 1.5 to 2 years from now every kid on the block will have a fuilly functional, fully tiered and maybe even fully outfitted starbase, because there is no resource sink what-so-ever.

Aside from the upgrade sinks which are of course one-time sinks, everything else is, in fact, a repeatable sink. Provisioning projects for buffs, ships, personal equipment and operational assets are all repeatable as the completion of each project only provisions the fleet store with a limited number of items.
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-05-2012, 01:16 PM
funny how everyone was complaining no starbases and now the devs give us what we want and yall complain about the starbases. note: some of you do i know its not everyone. come on give the devs a break this is by far there most promising season yet on content for a change.
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I have to say that I am super excited for the SB's. Looking forward to more details about season 6. Looking good so far.
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
At 1 CP for 315 Dil. That's less then 20 bucks worth of Cstore points. Get 4 fleet members to donate their monthly stipend and you should be fine.
That is now.I bet the price will be different in few days.Give some time for the news to spread
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-05-2012, 01:28 PM
500k and more ? This is robbery, with the current cap limit. Seriously, we know that cryptic is a buisness, but could you please stop being so obviously greedy ? Lockboxes are fine, don't push that further.

And don't tell me it's required to make the system durable, you can also limit the speed of the upgrades.