Lt. Commander
# 11
06-05-2012, 02:32 PM
its gone from $299 to $199 but the perks are not that great personally. access to a secluded area that only hands mail, exchange, ship selection, tailoring ship/personal auto refine dilithium and lets not forget those awesome 100day perks and lastly the $5 stipend
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Well, I don't know about anyone else but if vet rewards up to 400 or so days were retroactively given to LTSers as a headstart, that'd far more than seal the deal.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostzephyr
I realise it's horribly naive of me to even think this, but perhaps the influx of money from the sale will help the game reach that goal?

I hate making big purchases on a day off of from work, but I'll definitely consider this while I'm working to earn the money that would pay for it...
could have sworn thats what the scamboxes grrrrr lockboxes were for.

why have a steady stream of income when you can upgrade to dam bursting torrent of money from the heavens 3.....4.......5.......6......7 times or more
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostzephyr
Well, I don't know about anyone else but if vet rewards up to 400 or so days were retroactively given to LTSers as a headstart, that'd far more than seal the deal.
I wouldn't go that far, aside from the yacht the rewards are mostly just tokens (and they can be bought), but it would certainly be favorable. Then again, that would involve telling us what we're gonna get before we put down the cash, which is just silly!

(also slightly unfair on the people who earned them "properly". I have a great deal of respect for the people who committed to being LTSers early on)
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-05-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm all about those spur of the moment sales we used to get in the C Store but when the sale price is 200 dollars shouldn't there be enough notice so the poor suckers who would buy a lifetime sub to a now free game can start saving up.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charax1985
I wouldn't go that far, aside from the yacht the rewards are mostly just tokens (and they can be bought), but it would certainly be favorable. Then again, that would involve telling us what we're gonna get before we put down the cash, which is just silly!

(also slightly unfair on the people who earned them "properly". I have a great deal of respect for the people who committed to being LTSers early on)
Tbh, the yacht was the main reason I threw 400 out there XD

I said in another post, somewhere... the idea that LTS earns vet rewards retroactively, and true vet rewards are enhanced further, giving those LTSers incentive to keep playing to those milestones. Yes they get the tokens and minor shinies, but new rewards separate the true vets and still give something to look forward to.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charax1985
400CP/month stipend

500CP is 4, Lifetime sub is 128.33, which would buy me 16000CP in a lump sum

16000/400=40, so STO needs to run for, and I need to keep playing for, another three years and four months for this to be worth it.

Can't see this being worthwhile, especially if things like lockboxes and timegated content continue to be the way forward

As for the other benefits? Liberated Borg would be nice if we could change races, but we can't, and I'm not grinding through another character, thanks all the same

Priority login? Not really an issue, I've never had a problem logging in, and if I do I'll just wait.

Veteran rewards? tempting, but only kick in after a long time. I doubt anyone buying during this sale will get to see the 1000 day rewards

I'll be kicking myself if, in seven years time STO is a wonderful, must-play game that does away with all the annoyances and truly values its player base, but right now? I don't see STO continuing to exist in three years, and I certainly don't see my interest surviving to that point, maybe others do.
Yep. I bought a lifetime sub in the sale they had before F2P. I regret it. You don't get enough to justify a Gold membership. If you want to play STO, I think you're better off staying F2P and just buying a blob of c-points as needed, or when they've got a sale (which throws the above calculation even further off).

Now if, for some reason, you're paying a sub, and you think you're going to keep paying that sub for a couple more years, then I'd get the lifetime.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Yess more hate from fans
06-05-2012, 03:09 PM
I em lifer from start, and don regret it. I know internet is free speech zone, but why all that hate toward Cryptic
It not needed, it serve no purpose.

I just hope STO will be Onj for a while because i like this game and actually is is nearly my last game what i playing these days ( real life is so demanding ... sigh)

All hail Cryptic

All have nice day
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Will this spill over to CO? i'd actually grab one!
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-05-2012, 03:21 PM
If the lifetime sub gave you all the vet rewards right away I would be inclined to get it now but seeing as how I would still have to hope that the game keeps running for a few years to be worth wile and that $200 would get me a lot of unlocks on my account there is very little motivation to buy the Lifetime sub personally.
Closed Thread