Lt. Commander
# 41
06-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
It's a bit more than that. You need to factor in not just what you're getting, but also what you're not having to shell out extra to get.
Well I did briefly cover some of those, I just thought it'd be a waste to go through and list every single reward and assign it a CP value, especially as they're situational - Respec tokens only have value if you're unhappy with your build, for example, otherwise they're not "worth" 2000CP, and a lot of the other bonuses are situational as well, or take a while to kick in. the 16000CP is usable by everyone, for anything they want

That, and as Nagus says, you can easily grind dil if you only want one or two tokens, the fact they come free with a LTS only has a significant impact if you're going to use a ton of them.

Basically, once the game moved to F2P, the value of a lifetime sub crashed through the floor, and in addition to that, every month that goes by slowly erodes the value further. The sale's great, it got many more people considering a LTS, but in my estimation the value of the LTS has fallen so far, so fast that not even the sale price is worthwhile
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-06-2012, 12:31 AM
The lifetime value is too high because the lack of good veteran rewards, mainly to KDF.

Place something better in the Veteran reward and I can think about this. Liberate other race to lifetime, like Romulan (Fed and KDF), Orion (FED) e Ferengi (KDF) and I can think about this.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
IMO the Captain's Yacht is in real terms (i.e. practicality as opposed to bragging rights) worth about the same as any of the other non-EC shuttles, so perhaps 400 CP (i.e. one additional month's stipend). The extra tokens (ship slots, character slots, etc.) can be broken down in to CP values roughly as follows:

3 ship slots: 600 CP per character
2 character slots: 500 CP
5 skill Respec tokens: 2000 CP (is this per character or per account?)
1 Vice Admiral Ship token: 1600 CP per character

Plus a few moderately-useful items that can not be acquired from the C-store such as the permanent skill point boost (2%-5% depending on which Veteran tier you have reached) and the extra 1k Dilithium refining per day.

In terms of C-point costs, then, the value of the veteran rewards is higher than the cost of the gold membership provided that you want to have all of those items anyway, especially if you are running several characters (since character slots themselves are part of the reward packages, and some of the rewards are awarded to every character you have). However, if you don't plan on buying VA ships or extra ship or character slots, then you aren't really coming out ahead on having a long-term Gold membership (as opposed to the popular practice of going Gold for just a couple of months in order to get the inventory slots and such for your initial few characters).
If these 3 were granted at the time of buying the LTS then they would matter to calculating the initial value of the sub for many people.
3 ship slots: 600 CP per character (Vet rewards @ 200, 500 and 1000 days)
2 character slots: 500 CP (Vet rewards @ 300 and 700 days)
1 Vice Admiral Ship token: 1600 CP per character (Vet rewards @ 600 days)

As it is for 5 skill Respec tokens: 2000 CP (is this per character or per account?) You can sub for one month while leveling a character get the respec for each rank up while subbed and get all the inventory/bank unlocks for your characters then let the sub lapse again until you decide to buy another character slot purchase.

If you buy the LTS then you still have to wait the 100 days of subbed time to get the first veteran reward and by then you will not have much need for the "2% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost". So as I stated in my earlier post unless they grant all the vetrewards upon upgrading to the LTS since you will eventually be eligible for them eventually with the LTS any ways it is currently not worth it. The $200 will allow you to purchase pretty much all the T5 ships (Not getting into the Oddy and Borta) If you want the extra character and ship slots being the reason for buying the LTS you will be waiting for 200+ days before you will see them so you are better off just buying them seperately when you want them instead of waiting just to make the new character the way things are now.
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-06-2012, 08:32 AM
I was hoping this would happen, done
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-06-2012, 09:12 AM
If they would give perks that are more then libereted borg and 400 cp i would happily become a lifer!
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Let me know when it's $100 and I'll look into it...
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom
Think I'll stay FTP as going to be a life subscriber is the last thing on my mind unless things make a turn for the better I probably will say there be some who think the same
I agree. Until this game does something that makes me want to play it more than an hour a month, it isn't getting $200-$300 from me. Even then, I'd still wait to see if they actually continued with new playable, and worthy, content.

A year ago I would have jumped at the chance to pay the LTS at such a reduced price. Now? No. They have to earn that willingness to pay from me again.
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-06-2012, 10:52 AM
LOL it's funny, people make the same posts every sale.

Very happy about this sale - I'll be taking advantage of it. In fact I was looking at the Lifetime page last night hoping it would go on sale again. At this price, for existing gold members, it's the same as paying for 13 months - and I'm confident the game will last that long. If you are F2P, well, you don't see the value in paying anyway, which is fine, I'm glad the choice is there, but of course if you don't pay in the first place you aren't going to want to pay for a lifetime sub (and it seems most posters who are deriding it are F2P).

That said, yup - gold/lifetime needs some more perks. First off, the Dilith refining cap needs to be upped - that would sell some subs right there. I also really wish that you could convert an existing toon to recovered Borg, because I already have enough alts - I just wish I could make my main a liberated Borg. I really would like to see that feature added.

Finally, I was very happy they made this a nice long sale. I've made several very large purchases this week, and if it had been like a 3-day sale or something I might not have bitten. I'll buy sometime next week - very glad there is a nice long window here, so we can plan ahead a bit.

Thanks Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Well, I must say that finding this thread while looking to see if there's a thread on why the server is punting people left and right amuses me...

I personally would like to take advantage of this, and might. But it does leave a bad impression that the server is crashing/dc'ing people, yet we're being offered a cheaper lifetime sub.

If I can do it, I'll throw a few hundred into a lifetime sub, though, problems aside, as it does help to fund the game and get and keep things moving more smoothly, and new content coming into the game... hopefully with fewer lockboxes, but meh, such is the price for F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnagroJaneway
LOL it's funny, people make the same posts every sale.

Very happy about this sale - I'll be taking advantage of it. In fact I was looking at the Lifetime page last night hoping it would go on sale again. At this price, for existing gold members, it's the same as paying for 13 months - and I'm confident the game will last that long. If you are F2P, well, you don't see the value in paying anyway, which is fine, I'm glad the choice is there, but of course if you don't pay in the first place you aren't going to want to pay for a lifetime sub (and it seems most posters who are deriding it are F2P).

That said, yup - gold/lifetime needs some more perks. First off, the Dilith refining cap needs to be upped - that would sell some subs right there. I also really wish that you could convert an existing toon to recovered Borg, because I already have enough alts - I just wish I could make my main a liberated Borg. I really would like to see that feature added.

Finally, I was very happy they made this a nice long sale. I've made several very large purchases this week, and if it had been like a 3-day sale or something I might not have bitten. I'll buy sometime next week - very glad there is a nice long window here, so we can plan ahead a bit.

Thanks Cryptic!
I feel the same way, 13 months of subscription fees for a lifetime membership doesn't sound too bad at all. I'm pretty happy I made the purchase. I was also contemplating on getting the lifetime subscription, but I thought the price was a little too much. I'm happy with the sale price, and I agree with you on the perks.
Closed Thread