Lt. Commander
# 71
06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
199$ for a few useless items? hmm, dont like it
Lt. Commander
# 72
06-12-2012, 03:14 PM
It seems to me this is a matter of relative value depending on what any given individual deems to be valuable to them.
For example if I live in Los Angeles and only drive on congested city streets and Freeways, where top speed almost never even approaches 65 mph, I can buy a really comfortable, fairly reliable Hyundai for under $20k or I can get a Ferrarri for $250k. The guy with deep pockets or the guy who perceives that the Ferrarri will grant him some kind of status may find it worth his cash to make what most would consider a highly illogical purchase. Yes the Ferrarri is capable of doing things the Hyundai will never do, but is it of any real value or is it just percieved value.
In the grand scheme of things, since I work hard for my money, and I enjoy blowing up Klingons and Romulans, what right does someone else have to tell me I'm an idiot for rewarding a company for giving me a product I like?

BTW <--- silver account.
Lt. Commander
# 73
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
I agree with you.

The captains lounge is hardly a bonus, it's always dead when I go there, so it's a rather pointless addon.
Seems like all of the hubs have become quiet all of the sudden.

The thing that i look at with the LTS that seems to get missed a lot is the slots. LTS players get additional bank and inventory slots for all of their characters. When you buy them inn the cstore, they get unlocked for the individual character.

if you have a few characters, that could add up. (I have a kid doing the "MOM MOM MOM" thing nearby. math is not an option right now)
Lt. Commander
# 74
06-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Last edited by me.
Last delete request... now.
Lt. Commander
# 75
06-13-2012, 09:15 AM
I always saw the LTS as a way to support the company who were running the game, but, given the disgusting behaviour of "perfect"world since they took the game over, I would never endorse or support them.
Lt. Commander
# 76 Life time sub sale???
06-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Id be more incline to buy this at FULL price if we had actual content. 3 stfs for space/ground...no KDF content below 21.....no Romulan faction...horrible ground mechanics/play style ...throw us a bone here PWE/Cryptic other than the one you've been giving us.
Lt. Commander
# 77
06-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Give us something worth it to buy this and I may just buy it, but untill then you can keep it
Lt. Commander
Ok, this probably have been much discussed over time, but now, I do not know if I should laugh or not.

So the game went F2P and now they offer a LFT discount....

So the question is... besides getting the free respec tokens and the borg toon, why would someone bother to buy a LFT now, when the game is F2P?

For the 400 c-points monthly? The biggest reason I see (and in my opinion is more cheaper to pay 1 or 2 months) is when training a new character to get the free stuff that you dont have access in silver accounts.

Oh, I am a subscriber, so, in a point I am contradicting myself here, but, the more I play, the more I realize that I am just trowing money away. I am not training any new character now, so, in a way it is kinda silly to keep paying, but Life time one? Why should I (we) ?

Opinions appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 79
06-18-2012, 05:39 PM
IMO its not currently worth it. They are supposedly planning on increasing the benefits of a gold/LT sub, but have not discussed any specifics or given any kind of ETA on when this will happen.
Lt. Commander
# 80
06-18-2012, 05:41 PM
I'll say the same thing I did in the other thread about this. I took advantage of the offer, because I don't want to pay on and off whenever I level a character, I want to build up for the longevity perks, and... I feel that they deserve it. For the time I've played, I payed them about a quarter an hour for their work. I think they deserve that much.
Closed Thread