Lt. Commander
# 21
06-06-2012, 06:03 AM
was anybody really surprised?????
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Pvp should NEVER darken the hanger doors of a fleet starbase unless the FLEET decides to allow it too
Any non pvp fleet should be excempt from attack from mauler fleets
(indeed should have the capacity to automatically exclude maulers from even SEEING thst their base exists)

If maulers still persist then perhaps non PVP bases should have several dozen indestructable tricobolt mounts
and integrated phasers in ALL levels.

Because I have seen Mauler guilds/clans in other games harrass real players out of the game forever.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-06-2012, 06:22 AM
I really don't think you can fault them for this. I think they were always pretty clear that starbases would have to be introduced BEFORE any system of of PVP or Territory control can be added in. I think that only makes sense. Given that it will take a hard minimum of 7 months for the most hardcore fleets to reach Tier 5, they will have plenty of time to get this working properly and then add to it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-06-2012, 06:29 AM
What are Maulers?

Mustrum "I presume it's not the Assault Mech" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedo42
I really don't think you can fault them for this. I think they were always pretty clear that starbases would have to be introduced BEFORE any system of of PVP or Territory control can be added in. I think that only makes sense. Given that it will take a hard minimum of 7 months for the most hardcore fleets to reach Tier 5, they will have plenty of time to get this working properly and then add to it.
Not to mention you need to have a starbase in order for it to be attacked. He did say it would be fairly easy to impliment and he has the intention to so.....
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor

If you wait for something new to PvP, I say wait 2-3 months. Then Goz will unleash a huge patch on us, and pvp will never be the same. (Unless they pull him off pvp before he can finish)
I'm guessing that's what they will do before Season 6 is even half way out
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Come on you all know there will never be anything added to PvP.

They will continue to give it lip service... cause they think it will help them hold on to a handful of extra subs for just a little bit longer. Can't even blame them the "Coming Soon... Tech Allows... Investigating " crap has been the by line for 2+ years. I am not fooled anymore... there is no investigation... if the tech is easily added they have no intention of doing so... The only thing they will be doing will be looking for plausable lines to use to continue to have a paying PvP community, most of whom stay around on a hope.

Frankly I doubt anyone is even working on PvP... sure we now get a weekly PR message. At this point its not even maddening... its comical really......

Reminds me of one of my favorite movies Amadeus... when they are talking about the comedy figaro/

MOZART
But it's new, it's entirely new. It's so new, people will go mad for it. For example, I have a scene in the second act - it starts as a duet, just a man and wife quarreling. Suddenly the wife's scheming little maid comes in unexpectedly - a very funny situation. Duet turns into trio. Then the husband's equally screaming valet comes in. Trio turns into quartet. Then a stupid old gardener - quartet becomes quintet, and so on. On and on, sextet, septet, octet! How long do you think I can sustain that?

In Cryptics case the comedy has been going on for over 2 years. lol

Alright I'm tiered I know that makes little sense.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Come on you all know there will never be anything added to PvP.
For all new members of the community, stick by this insight. It ll make the game more enjoyable, and be better for your overall health.

So far we have Investigations into the possibility of future implementations. PvP will not get beyond this kind of transcendental speculation about the necessary conditions of possibilities. Why, because as Gozer just said: Not enough players.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
i told you, im drunk
Hee-Hee. Lov your "sense" of drunkedness
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post