Lt. Commander
# 31
06-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaavvaahh
So far we have Investigations into the possibility of future implementations. PvP will not get beyond this kind of transcendental speculation about the necessary conditions of possibilities. Why, because as Gozer just said: Not enough players.
PvP caught the KDF-itis.
We KDF did not even realize we where carriers.................
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaavvaahh
For all new members of the community, stick by this insight. It ll make the game more enjoyable, and be better for your overall health.

So far we have Investigations into the possibility of future implementations. PvP will not get beyond this kind of transcendental speculation about the necessary conditions of possibilities. Why, because as Gozer just said: Not enough players.
Which is what Gozer is trying to fix. There not being enough players is only an explanation for why there won't be seeing starbase PvP initially; beyond that, it all depends on how Gozer's revamp works out.

Surely nobody really believed there was still any possibility of new PvP systems being introduced while PvP as a whole is in danger of being removed in its entirety? Everything PvP related depends on Gozer's changes right now.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
PvP caught the KDF-itis.
We KDF did not even realize we where carriers.................
It seems the other way around to me. I think that the PvP faction had the inborn deficiency that is PvP. Hence there were a lot more KDF promises, then PvP promises.

The results are the same though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Which is what Gozer is trying to fix. There not being enough players is only an explanation for why there won't be seeing starbase PvP initially; beyond that, it all depends on how Gozer's revamp works out.

Surely nobody really believed there was still any possibility of new PvP systems being introduced while PvP as a whole is in danger of being removed in its entirety? Everything PvP related depends on Gozer's changes right now.
all i m saying is: Don't get your hopes up. Even if he comes up with DA PLAN* seeing it implemented is whole different matter.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Honestly, I already wrote off Season 6 actually doing anything with pvp.

Just something else to add to Mavgeeks list is all.

Actually pretty much everything Gozer has said at this point is broken promise list bait as far as I'm concerned, even if he should have all of this stuff ready to go with just a push of a button, I could see Stahl and co going "is it pve?!!!1 can we rp in it?! NO? THEN STFU" or a variation of "Is it Cstore? No? STFU"
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-06-2012, 04:52 PM
yay pvp!

i think....
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah cause a 20 carrier spamlagfest invasion fleet would be such fun ...

Kinda like a performance based ranking/rewards system being developed w/no acknowledgement of how bad their internal balance q/a,q/c methodology currently is.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Honestly, I already wrote off Season 6 actually doing anything with pvp.

Just something else to add to Mavgeeks list is all.

Actually pretty much everything Gozer has said at this point is broken promise list bait as far as I'm concerned, even if he should have all of this stuff ready to go with just a push of a button, I could see Stahl and co going "is it pve?!!!1 can we rp in it?! NO? THEN STFU" or a variation of "Is it Cstore? No? STFU"
which is why i've bothered to even ask about anything anymore.... if you dont ask you cant be disapointed right?
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair114 View Post
Thanks for the link. I figured it was a longshot hope that PVP be tied into starbases at launch, what with Gozer just starting up his pvp-revampedness project and the Fleet starbases so recently revealed.

It's good to know it's in the cards, though, as it should be.

However... Be careful what you wish for.

I see the discontent with 'spam' and pets in PVP at current, and can only imagine that what with automated defense systems implemented for the PVE Defense of starbases and the Fleet crafted shps... That this pet or AI controlled ship deal will follow into the PVP aspect of Fleet Starbases.

Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, no one wants their starbase left completely undefended to be sacked when they're fast asleep. And I'm not sure how you'd mix Automated Defenses and Fleet Crafted AI Controlled ships in a situation where a Fleet that is itself going to defend a starbase, but I feel this type of scenario is something that should be closely looked at. (before implemented)