Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
06-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
Let's hope there is something to return to. There's nothing more I'd love than to see this game come back to its golden age with the current entourage that is the so called systems team, it makes me cringe.

Will pop in on vent every so often to get a feel for it. Apart from that, when's GW2 due again?.....lol
I think there's a bit too much "hate" on the systems team. The DOFF system comes from them as well, after all, and it's popular and well-made.

I think 90% of the state of PvP is based on neglect. Not because the Devs hate us or dislike PvP, but because PvP was on low priority since forever basically. It's a policy thing, not a talent thing.

What may be an issue with Cryptic is there love to create systems and not really "finish" them and polish them to the best end. The DOFF system may be an example where they actually did that. Crafting, PvP, Fleet Actions are all examples of where they didn't.

As a software developer myself I know that creating a new system is more fun then polishing and fine-tuning. The first is very creative work, but the rest is often tedious. But it may not even be that - it could be mostly another policy thing - basically it's about deciding to have a large laundry list of features rather than a small list of high quality features.

That was definitely something that guided STO at launch. Didn't one of the head-honchos back then say something like: "If it isn't included at launch, potential players will have their opinions formed and never notice when it's added later". I believe the same guy may have later realized that having something in at launch but at low quality also defines people's opinions. But was that learned quickly enough? [/Speculate]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Unsub most of us did.... um the game is F2P and there is zero reason to give them money. If you have multiple toons which I am sure you have if you really decide you must have some cstore junk... play 2-4 toons each night for a couple nights and let some new F2P kid pay for your shiny stuffz.

I will say that I HATE Cryptic they are one of the worst game developers in the industry... I still like some of the underlying game elements and the people the game has attracted. Giving them Zero of my funds really does take an edge of the hate while I'm playing at least. lol
F2p this pile of crap I did the day it went f2p are u joking man giving these guys your money is pointless. Anything you get for a gold can be got for free or half price with f2p.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
06-06-2012, 08:39 AM
I think that even if we get everything we want, balanced, fixed, new content, we will still be whiny *****es.

Prove me wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
06-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I think there's a bit too much "hate" on the systems team. The DOFF system comes from them as well, after all, and it's popular and well-made.

I think 90% of the state of PvP is based on neglect. Not because the Devs hate us or dislike PvP, but because PvP was on low priority since forever basically. It's a policy thing, not a talent thing.
Yeah, I don't agree with the whole 'Cryptic is the enemy' position; I've never seen any reason to believe they don't want to create the best game they can. (Which doesn't mean I like lockboxes!)

But it is a business, and PvP is rarely a huge priority in MMOs.

Quote from the Mass Effect Dev team:
"If we could give people a magic hat that would create for them the exact RPG experience they'd always dreamed of, they'd complain about the color of the hat."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
06-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
I think that even if we get everything we want, balanced, fixed, new content, we will still be whiny *****es.

Prove me wrong.
I do believe there is a difference between whining, and crying foul. As I see it, the community is crying foul on Cryptic when it comes and especially when it comes to PVP and also the horrific decision to not finish the KDF>>>> NOW... that is different than whining about the fact that the beam weapons donít fire from the correct location on a ship or something like that.

So, yeah, people will always cry about something. But that again is not the same as the crying-foul that is going on now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
06-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Naz, I totally see where your coming from, if i was a subscriber i'd have thrown that away after Christmas. PVP as you say is pretty damn shoddy, but then again it's not why I play.

The sole reason I stay in STO anymore is because of the people, it's sure as ahell not the game mechanics or the content. My fleet and the friends i've made are the reason i bother. I'm not saying "leave and come back" because that's what people do when the content runs out. I'm saying "stay and see what else draws you here besides STO".

I'd rather you didn't leave, your the best person to rage against in OPVP, and if you leave i'll need to stop making my Nav voodoo doll and start an Aldo one, and i'm quite lazy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
06-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldoran
having a starbase; we'll name it HaxStar 1.
I vote for this name!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
06-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Wow another attention seeking thread by the Pandas, you make me sick
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
06-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Cya naz. Have fun in Guild Wars 2 or wherever u go.

At least I still got Justin Beiber on my side <3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
06-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
When's it due and how good is it pvp wise?
It's bound to be better than the garbage we keep getting fed by LOLCryptic.

It's due fairly "soon" (and not in Cryptic terms of Soon) I haven't betad yet, but a couple of my buddies have and they are pvpers, they seem quite excited.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 AM.