Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
06-07-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
Think I might hang my phasers up soon.

The saying "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a new out come is bordering on insanity" is starting to describe me.
The amount of trust I had in cryptic saying to the effect "promise we'll get round to pvp soon" and not seeing anything materialise is a running joke now. Just look at Mav's forum signature of broken promises.

Hopes were high for me when Cryptic stated that fleet bases will have pvp elements to it. Now "later". Sound familiar? Mav get ready to add to the list of broken promises.

I really do feel that pvp will be dropped from STO. Cryptic are just leading us on to try and milk the last bit out of us.

The systems team don't know what they are doing. Sci resists - what a screw up. Made the sci toon about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Unbeatable scenario on tribble - what a joke it is. I bet they were thinking, "but the numbers on my screen say no one can do it."

Gozer can add all the pvp content he wants, but if the systems team carry on screwing things up, what's the point? Gozer, good luck to ya buddy. Feels like you'll be truly against it.

Is there a big rift between the various teams at Cryptic? I dunno. Sure feels like it.

Cryptic, why do you think pvp is failing and then saying no one really plays that part of the game? Thought of the answer yet? Let me tell you. You spent hardly no resources on it since STO was released.

Almost come to same drastic conclusion as someone else did recently. The systems team needs putting it politely, sacking! Then we might have a chance. Systems guys, have you ever pvp'ed to see the "fruits" (more like lack of) of your labour?

For the rest of you guys, enjoy the table top Orion dancers at Drozana. That's about as much pvp action you'll get in the foreseeable future.

Even Jupiter Force has stopped airing STOked. Sign of things to come for STO?

Question is do I wanna carry on my STO subscription? I really don't want to stop it but way things are going,
Soon gonna terminate my monthly subscription. Way to go Cryptic.
So true... and to make it all worse, the fixes gozer is talking about will most likely make the situation worse for the reasons below.

(copied from my post in another thread)

I do worry about the idea of adding pvp leaderboards that gozer talked about though. One of the biggest problems with pvp at the moment is people leaving when they are loosing (I see whole teams drop out at least once a day because of this), this will just make that a lot worse. PVP should be for fun, not a badge of eliteness (if we want people doing it).

Performance based rewards - very mixed feelings. Seems to me completely unfair to newer players wanting to PVP (you know, the ones that have not had 2 years to grind all the best equipment and doffs - I for one never plan to run enough stf's for maco, etc equipment, the missions are too repetitive and boring and I should not have to to be viable in pvp). This is a dangerous route that will probably end up killing pvp.

(end of copied post content)

This said, I do not consider myself an uber pvper, I do it for fun (and I do it a lot!). I can understand why newer players do not spend much time in pvp.

Most of my characters do not have particularly great gear, some run mk x blue crap (a few with even worse), but I get by and usually dish out as much as I take or more. Sometimes I get trounced, but I am forced to use unusual tactics and builds to be at all cometative against older players.

I should not be forced to grind thousands of stf's to come close to matching a player with 2 years over me. My point here - set items are unbalanced (or offer no 'close' alternatives for newer players). Most new pvpers will not be like me and continue (and experiment) after getting their butt kicked for a while - I wish more did, but the gap between a new player and an old player is just so massive.

So what is gozer's idea on how to fix things?
Performance based rewards and leaderboards.

Really? Could they do worse for newer potential pvpers? I don't see how.

* PVP needs to be linked to starbases (fine, don't let them be destroyed, but let them be damaged).
* PVP needs to offer good loot. I believe this should be linked to starbase pvp (access to unique loot and doffs in your fleet's starbase sectors mainly through pve, but you need to protect your starbase in pvp to have access to that pve).
* Fleets need to be able to ally (so that experienced pvpers can fight along side newer players and teach them as they go).
* Fights need to be bigger (so that experienced pvpers can fight along side newer players and teach them as they go).

... and most of all PVPERS NEED TO FEEL LIKE THEY HAVE ACHIEVED SOMETHING AT THE END - Not wasted time on some pointless CTF or Deathmatch system where in the end it means nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Just give ous an option to hide our leaderboard stats.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-07-2012, 06:37 AM
the best thing about leaderboards:

Cryptic can track the performance of the top scoring players, and if they suspect a cheat/hax, they only have to investigate the top 10 players.

This makes it viable to check players for hax, having to check only 10 players say once or twice per month, as opposed to now, when they don't have a clue about who is performing well.

If they would put in this effort, the top players would also have "proof" that they do not cheat!

- "Hax! Cheater! whats ur hax? n00b!"
- "I'm on the top ranking, that means Cryptic has checked my logs and not found any hax or cheat! "
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-07-2012, 06:57 AM
PlanetSide 2

/nuffsaid
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
the best thing about leaderboards:

Cryptic can track the performance of the top scoring players, and if they suspect a cheat/hax, they only have to investigate the top 10 players.

This makes it viable to check players for hax, having to check only 10 players say once or twice per month, as opposed to now, when they don't have a clue about who is performing well.

If they would put in this effort, the top players would also have "proof" that they do not cheat!

- "Hax! Cheater! whats ur hax? n00b!"
- "I'm on the top ranking, that means Cryptic has checked my logs and not found any hax or cheat! "
I have no problem with them tracking it internally, but if it is visible to players then newer players will not stick with it.

As for being able to say you are a good pvp'er, that should be done through proof in your fleet's starbase(s) and the sectors you control. It does not show that a particular player is very good, but it would show which fleets are the best at pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ
Wow another attention seeking thread by the Pandas, you make me sick
http://www.myspace.com/video/enlight...te-me/39711255

Is naz scott now?
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-07-2012, 07:41 AM
never mind
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
Let's hope there is something to return to. There's nothing more I'd love than to see this game come back to its golden age with the current entourage that is the so called systems team, it makes me cringe.

Will pop in on vent every so often to get a feel for it. Apart from that, when's GW2 due again?.....lol
Since no one else will support you, i concur. How much have u seen me on lately. I just logg in from time to time to remind Talon Jones whom his daddy is. Whats that game Jorf is playing?
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shelby-Sensation
Since no one else will support you, i concur. How much have u seen me on lately. I just logg in from time to time to remind Talon Jones whom his daddy is. Whats that game Jorf is playing?
Your just Lucky he had a "Bad Ship"
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
PlanetSide 2

/nuffsaid
I used to play Planet Side 1 so much. Surgile all day with a Jackhammer, or then there was running around in a skyguard trolling the reaver pilots.
Such good times.