Commander
# 1 Enterprise-F
12-05-2012, 06:59 AM
So we can't use any previous Enterprise as the EULA does not allow it. However, can we use the Enterprise-F, along with Captain Shon in our missions? Was thinking of adding it in but wanted to see if anyone knew the answer to this before I attempt to do so.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Commander
# 2
12-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Technically all the game material is Canon/Protected so i think your save if you have one of the Enterprise's pop in to help you so long as it don't have a major part within the story.
Hell I've seen it on quite a few Foundry Missions so go crazy! I got an idea for a mission that involves 2 Enterprises and the Excelsior, the problem is making a convincing looking Sulu! lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
8. Can we include Cryptic-made characters and stories in our Foundry missions? (e.g. the Admiral on Earth Spacedock, or the new Captain of the Enterprise-F)

Nothing in the EULA prevents this. Please refer to the EULA for a list of Star Trek Properties?.
Archived Post (that crazy cat) put this up a while back.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-05-2012, 09:09 AM
You should be fine using the Enterprise-F and her crew. My only advice is to not do anything with/to her that could be contradicted in a later Cryptic mission.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 5
12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
You can use any Enterprise and any character from any show--you cannot use the likeness of any of the cast members.
Commander
# 6
12-05-2012, 10:49 PM
So, as it's been established that I can use the Enterprise-F...can anyone tell me where to find it in the NPC groups list? I've gone over this thing like ten times and can't find the Odyssey class anywhere.

Starfleet Veteran
# 7
12-05-2012, 11:26 PM
The Enterprise won't be in the NPC group list specifically. You'll need to reskin a Federation Cruiser with an Odyssey Class skin.

@greendragoon
Commander
# 8
12-06-2012, 09:26 AM
So do I make a federation cruiser npc group and reskin the cruisers to use the Odyssey or is there a better way to go about it? Because I tried that, and that's where I can't find the Odyssey.

Commander
# 9
12-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Can nobody answer this? I'm trying to add in the Enterprise-F into my mission but I'm stop-gaped at not being able to find the Odyssey. Anyone know here you're supposed to find it?

Specific steps to find it would be grand as I've looked everywhere and my knowledge of the Foundry is still only a couple of weeks old.

Captain
# 10
12-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
So do I make a federation cruiser npc group and reskin the cruisers to use the Odyssey or is there a better way to go about it? Because I tried that, and that's where I can't find the Odyssey.
You have to create the Odyssey as a space Costume. Then reskin a Fed Battleship mob.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q