Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
forgive me if I'm being stupid here, but I thought the set gives you +7.6% polaron damage.
Me too, but I went to space, checked my damage in weapons tray, took the set off, checked again and divided. It was 2%, with +26% consoles actually giving +8%. It's not affected by power levels. It may be an effect of some skill(s) not having a linear effect on base damage. Don't know what else it could be.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessein
Me too, but I went to space, checked my damage in weapons tray, took the set off, checked again and divided. It was 2%, with +26% consoles actually giving +8%. It's not affected by power levels. It may be an effect of some skill(s) not having a linear effect on base damage. Don't know what else it could be.
Are you pure Polarons, or mostly Polarons plus a Torpedo Launcher (or two?)
If the latter, a Two Piece KHG set would probably be your best bet.

I'm currently running a MKXII KHG shield and Deflector and Borg Engine and Console in my DPS Guramba.

None of the three-piece bonuses particularly grab me as overwhelming... however the KHG 2-Set Torpedo bonus and the extra power from the Deflector Flow Capacitors skill (I use a Plasmonic Leech Console) help my DPS quite a bit. As an added bonus, I'm harder to kill, so my higher DPS gets applied much more regularly than if I was taking occasional spacedirtnaps (Borg 2-set proc also helps with this, but the KHG shield is very good by itself and the Structural Integrity buff from the Deflector is icing on the cake)
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
forgive me if I'm being stupid here, but I thought the set gives you +7.6% polaron damage.
Only if you fly the JH bug ship.

BTW, the JH shield is bad. Try the KHG or MACO shield combined with Borg pieces + console.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-06-2012, 11:28 AM
or a Galor
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Only if you fly the JH bug ship.

BTW, the JH shield is bad. Try the KHG or MACO shield combined with Borg pieces + console.
Sets 2 & 3 are not exclusive to dominion ships. It's only when coupled with a bug or galor do you get "Victory is life" which gives the player a rather pathetic 1% chance to strip one buff while using polarons.

and yes I'd never advise using the shields. They are bad, but the engines & deflector are actually quite handy in a fight.