Lt. Commander
# 11
06-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
The thing is, it isn't a system designed to be "won". It's a long term development thing. So if you play a little bit with one character here, a little bit with another there, keep doing that - and just add a little bit of fleet contribution to your time.

My point is that you play a little bit in one fleet, a little bit in another fleet thereby diluting your efforts. Some of us are in several fleets, and most are in at least two... one Federation fleet, and one KDF fleet. Now if all of your captains are in one fleet, and only one faction, everything is great.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickpa
My point is that you play a little bit in one fleet, a little bit in another fleet thereby diluting your efforts. Some of us are in several fleets, and most are in at least two... one Federation fleet, and one KDF fleet. Now if all of your captains are in one fleet, and only one faction, everything is great.
You can only be in one fleet at a time on, one toon remember that thank you,
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-07-2012, 08:41 AM
In theory, Heretic's design goals actually favor smaller, more focused fleets because larger ones have less democratic capital. With a smaller fleet, it's easier to bypass bureaucratic lag and decide quickly on which projects to take up and why.

Of course this is all in theory but I do have a measure of faith in Heretic as a developer, he's one of the stronger members of the STO team and the DOff system was largely great.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-07-2012, 09:32 AM
If Heretic was a Ship he would be a T5 Galaxy R
He is reliable
Lt. Commander
# 15 The war escalates
06-07-2012, 09:49 AM
The war i have had with a former fleet mate who mutinied will escalate with the addition of the new star bases. I will attack her while i grow my base keeping hers in repair mode. She should have never left me and now my revenge gets a weapon to use as a sword. When she left me I said "Kahaaaaaaaan"

Curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want.
-Spock, Star Trek, "Errand Of Mercy"
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Your war will NOT involve starbases for some considerable time

As PVP function is NOT included.

But fleets and the war of fleets are changing
Smaller fleets will increase
larger ones will die off or split
Lt. Commander
# 17 i will prepare
06-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Your war will NOT involve starbases for some considerable time

As PVP function is NOT included.

But fleets and the war of fleets are changing
Smaller fleets will increase
larger ones will die off or split
Ok this is still great news I probably have the best duty roster system KDF side and will grow our star base faster than her f2p got nothing fleet. lol i am a gold sub. After I blow her star base off the map i'll enslave the Orion and she will be the fleet janitor.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-07-2012, 11:07 AM
To bad being a gold sub doesnt favor starbases, There also will be no repair mode. They already stated even when they bring territory wars online, Starbases will not be able to be destroyed or affected in anyway as it would affect the casual playered fleets. Also I am pretty sure when it does go live, Both of you being KDF will NOT be fighting each other, Because it makes no sense for Federation to be fighting Federation over territory when it is a united Front. It will most likely be KDF VS Fed for territory control. Again with starbases being instanced until this changes, Nothing actually being affected. But this is way long down the line. But if we are going by Gold status. If I was at war with ya, I would win Simply for Being a Life time member. But since a Silver can buy Everything A gold can get (except for Vet status rewards (( yet)) ) You have no benefits over her. Sub status has no perks in the Starbase. You are both even. In the end it comes down to numbers since Cstore ships can easily be popped by RA varients. Both sides would have access to the "Elite" Ship varients depending on which they built. aka The Advertised "Elite Defiant", which is not meant to replace the C-Store varient. But until it fully drops, who knows how that shall work. But Eve's styled shove em into reinforced. Isnt going to happen. (Unless they change there minds... and we all know that never happens *stares at the Atrox Carrier, the carrier ships that were supposed to be KDF only * )
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickpa
When the new season arrives, I see hard decisions ahead.

Multiple fleets, many of which are niche for role playing, may not be feasible when star bases arrive. We are bound to favor one fleet, and neglect the others. We may likewise find that we will have to choose KDF or Federation, and neglect the other. I am thinking that a good deal of variety will be lost when we set ourselves on the path of fleet grind, or we will contribute little to any fleet as we spread our resources and efforts.

Hard decisions are ahead, and something must be lost in order to gain something else. I am not sure if I can come along. I have a leftover fleet from beta, in which there are only 3 of us. I have always enjoyed the fleet bank for moving items. On the KDF side, I found a great RP Ferasan fleet, but nothing much for my Orion or Alien (Actually the Klingons I wanted to make!) captains.

If we want to win, we need to make more inclusive fleets to put all of our captains in, if we want to play the star base game.
We are in the same boat. All of our members are in one Fleet b/c we were worried that this would be a problem. But we have 5 other RP Fleets that we would LOVE to be a part of the bigger fleet but with Different names. More like Sub Fleets. We have been in limbo with these b/c we don't want to get caught having to build 7 Starbases and we also donít want to split up our Fleet into 7 smaller Fleets b/c the current Fleet System does not have a supported alliance Fleet system.

If this was an easy Fix for Cryptic by adding Sub Fleets to the Roster then it would be a great addition. The United Fleet Coalition Could also create one main Fleet and have several other smaller Fleets join them. I would also like to see the ability to add and remove Fleet Ranks from 3-20 but that is just on my wish list.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
If Heretic was a Ship he would be a T5 Galaxy R
He is reliable
not to say outdated, in desperate need of another refit and therefore not favoured by the community.

na just joking!

@Triangulum_Phoenix:
I heard your nemesis hired some nausican mercs to plant bombs on your fleetbase, so you better check every freighter reaching xour base twice, once constructions begin.