Lt. Commander
# 11
06-07-2012, 08:41 AM
I always like ships with high inertia. Feels much more spacy
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-07-2012, 11:20 AM
I know that almost everyone here knows this, but there is a way to stop faster in a big ship like the oddy. When you hit 'all stop', hit the button again to go into reverse. Yea, you'll keep going forward, but it should get you to a stop, and start actually backing up, a full km or more faster than just powersliding alone.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakitty
I know that almost everyone here knows this, but there is a way to stop faster in a big ship like the oddy. When you hit 'all stop', hit the button again to go into reverse. Yea, you'll keep going forward, but it should get you to a stop, and start actually backing up, a full km or more faster than just powersliding alone.
That's one way, but there is a better way to stop from full impulse that I mentioned earlier. Stop your ship and then disengage full impulse. It stops almost instantly that way.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak
That's one way, but there is a better way to stop from full impulse that I mentioned earlier. Stop your ship and then disengage full impulse. It stops almost instantly that way.
Errrmm..... what?

That basically reads "stop your ship then stop your ship".
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Errrmm..... what?

That basically reads "stop your ship then stop your ship".
I think that means whilst Full Impulse is toggled on, drop the "ship speed/engine thrust" slider down from full to none THEN click the button to actually toggle off Full impulse. The disadvantage to this is your power levels won't build back up as quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelwys
I think that means whilst Full Impulse is toggled on, drop the "ship speed/engine thrust" slider down from full to none THEN click the button to actually toggle off Full impulse. The disadvantage to this is your power levels won't build back up as quickly.
That's exactly what I mean. As for your power levels, the idea here is to use this is you when you are flying around scanning stuff so you don't overshoot and have to slowly turn around to get back in position. If you're going into battle, you would disengage full impulse a lot sooner, and slowly go forward as your power levels return to normal.