kkthxchnk
Why are you so trollicious?
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
Why are you so trollicious?
I'm not. Its a good shield until u can get the MACO one...

kkthx
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-07-2012, 12:00 PM
MT does not troll.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
MT does not troll.
"MT" aka "Maximum Troll"

Truestorybro!
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
Paratrinic Shield

kkthxchnk
its a cap 3, reg-1 cov. if you were around when the mk X cap 3 cov was available for marks you were better off using that. but its pretty good if you have nothing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Covariant Shield Array
SCI - Emitter Array + Field Generator
ENG - Ablative Hull Armor, Tetraburnium Hull Armor, Parametallic Hull Plating

Never fails.
strong tet, plas, pol and antiproton defense but low end phaser and disrupter defense? thanks to the proc, phasers are most likely to hit your hull... i'd prefer Diburnium, Ablative, and Parametallic, or 3 Neutronium for the kinetic and all energy resist too.

in my experience, its heals that does most of your shield repairing, the actual regeneration plays a much smaller part. use a cov if you have enough heals to keep your shields healthy, or if you want to hit and run with the best chance of survival. also, nothing lets you live through an alpha like a cov, regardless if you can keep it healed in the long run. its like an insurance policy against oneshots, its hard to justify not useing them in any situation. only the lol maco is the exception really, theres no reason not to use the maco, khg, omega or borg shield, they are simply the best. the KHG is a cap4, reg 1, i might like that thing more then a maco, on my klink cruiser users.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
how about both?

the maco shield is a great balance of both with a passive 10% reduction of all energy damage...(which is kind of like a 10% cap bonus)

and then augment that on a sci ship or carrier with the capacity or regen consoles.....to fit your playstyle.

have fun kill bad guys!

-horizon
I had actually sent CaptainHorizon this previously, but just wanted to expand a bit on what Mustrum posted.

Assuming 125 Power for 35% resistance, let's add the following:

EPTS 1 = 18% (0.18)

MACO 10% resistance bonus = (0.1) *ignoring plasma

Resistance = 1-((1-0.35)*(1-0.1)*(1-0.18)) = 52%

vs.

Again, 125 power.

EPTS 1 = 18% (0.18)

Resistance = 1-((1-0.35)*(1-0.18)) = 46.7%

So a gain of 5.3%, if my math is correct.

Which is still very good, it's still 5% more on top of cutting all bleed-through in half, and power conduit link.

Quote:
MACO 10% + 5% absorb = 15% + 10 stacks of Power conduit = about 15-20%? Pretty good for a shield

Still kinda worrysome that so many (long term) pvp'ers still do not take any consideration of resistance or SDR into account.

AFAIK the absorption only affects bleed-through to hull (and is still fantastic, cutting it in half).

As for the rest, the amount of extra resistance you get from a full 5 stacks of power conduit will change depending on what else you are running (EPTS, TSS or ESS tossed on you) as well as what that extra +10 power brings your shield power total to.

EDIT: Ok, this prompted me to finally finish this that I had half done for a while.

MACO & OMEGA

I don't fully understand how EPTS functions in combination with a Shield's native regen ability, so I've left that out.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-08-2012, 09:04 AM
thanks for the numbers ultimatum,

i believe there is still wiggle room in anyone's decision to go with either regen or covariant. that maco is just such a nice overall shield. limiting bleedthu is a great bonus with resilient.

depending on playstyle i think players really should give them all a fair try.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
I'm not. Its a good shield until u can get the MACO one...

kkthx

MT stop tolling, you have plenty of reasons to lie.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Hm. I'd say: If you cannot say why you think the Paratrinic Shield is not good, then don't call others troll for saying it is.