Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: June 2012
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
In this brand-new edition of Ask Cryptic, Executive Producer Dan Stahl delivers answers to player submitted questions.

Link to the article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-06-2012, 12:31 PM
wonder how i missed the ask question thread?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Q: (Kirkfat) Players dont really get rewards for playing some of the best story missions in the game (via the Foundry). Will this ever change?

Dstahl: As a prolific Foundry author, you bring up a valid point about rewards. The answer is yes, it will change. We have always wanted to find the right way to offer rewards for Foundry missions without leading to abuse of the reward system. Our temporary solution is to start featuring Foundry content similar to what youve been seeing in the in-game bulletins as the Foundry Spotlight. Based on the success weve had with this low budget form of promoting Foundry missions, we plan to make it a full blown feature in the Mission Journal. By doing so, Foundry Spotlight missions will be setup similar to how Feature Episodes are promoted within the Journal. This will allow us to attach premium rewards to specific player made content that is being featured. This also allows us to prevent abuse of the reward system, while rewarding high quality player-built missions with excellent rewards so that players have even more incentives to play them. There are some technical features required in order to make this happen, but we have already started the ball rolling to get this in shortly after Season 6 releases.
Epic win!

I just hope that last part really turns out to be true
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2012, 12:42 PM
I am enjoying Dan's pragmatism of late.

That was a good read. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Dan,
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions and grouping them together with a optimistic answer.

Its good to here from you we were starting to fear that someone threw you in the brig.

Great dodge on account bank question though......
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Interesting...
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Season 7 = story, eh? I like it. I just hope that Cryptic focuses on STORY, not gimmicks or new game mechanics to tell the story with.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-06-2012, 01:03 PM
So while Kdf and PvP are pre whiteboard in-design discussions about conditionals for the possibility of future implementations, subject to change and no commitments....

Quote:
So where do the Romulans fit in all of this? Weve been thinking about this for a long time. We have a plan.
I mean you Dstahl EP of STO, on behalf of the company and the STO devs have a plan worked out? When did this happen? Unless the plan is scrap the RSE this sounds like something concrete. i can't believe it
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-06-2012, 01:04 PM
What about the door to my ready room on my Odyssey bridge? I can't watch my Orion slave girl "dance" videos in private...

Lt. Commander
# 10
06-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Account-wide bank slots.... this month.... Yay !

Now Id like to know if I have to go to a terminal for this or if I can just access those bank slots from my inventory. Obviously Id prefer the latter.