Lt. Commander
# 11
06-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Is it possible to get an ETA of when well see any of the fleet advancement stuff on Tribble?
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-06-2012, 01:16 PM
so this month season 6 on trible, and july on holodeck?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Sounds like it's best to just wait for Season 7 and see if there's enough mission content to justify coming back. Sucks that it's two "seasons" away.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
Sounds like it's best to just wait for Season 7 and see if there's enough mission content to justify coming back. Sucks that it's two "seasons" away.
Since Foundry spotlight missions are about to start getting rewards attached to them, you are about to have a new mission every Friday that actually grants you something of value(at least, comparable to official missions).
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-06-2012, 01:21 PM
hmm

Some good questions very well answered.
and
Some hard questions successfully dodged.
Well played sir, well played.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Good questions, carefully worded answers.

Couldn't help but notice the 'politician spin' in some.

With regard to this one;
Quote:
Q: (diogene0) We need more Foundry versatility. Why not release something closer to what the current mission builders use? We could make custom interiors, ground maps. Do you fear that players could do a better job than your team?

Dstahl: If you are referring to allowing the ability to “MOD” the game, then it becomes an issue of security and maintaining strict control of our assets. Our goal with the Foundry was not to create a MOD tool, but to allow players to use something very similar to our in game editor to write their own missions using existing assets. This allows missions created by players to exist in the same game world as the live shard. That said, the Foundry teams are working on toolsets that will allow more flexibility in designing interiors and possibly even ground maps. You’ll see some of these features in the Neverwinter Beta with the goal of having those features trickle into STO in the future. Instead of fearing what players can do, we encourage players to spend the time making content that is awesome. By doing this, we have one of the most amazing player driven content communities out there. Our goal is to keep providing tools that will allow players to build even more complex and beautiful missions in the future. It also has led to some job interviews for players who have made some great missions.
Not sure where Dan got "Mod" from that question. diogene0 is asking for a more precise and complex tool-set than the current WYSIWYG foundry interface, something more similar to what the devs currently use.

To draw an analogy to another game with LOTS of UGC, the current foundry tool-set is equivalent to the Portal 2 Puzzle Maker, what diogene0 is asking for is something more like the Valve Hammer Editor.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-06-2012, 01:42 PM
A lot of great foundry news in this one! I know I myself consider what you are doing with S6 to be major! I am both elated and terrified. If it goes well it opens the door for new features and abilities to be added regularly!

Additionally, answering the FE question and story content questions hopefully puts some people at rest who were afraid "Story Was Dead". You never said you were done, you simply said 5 string missions with a new mission mechanic type were under review.

Still, going way better than where we were at a year ago!
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Still no word on the inclusion of Katanas, huh?

Excuse me while I relieve some stress...

/headwall

/headwall

/headwall

/headwall

...Okay, I'm good. I'll ask about Katanas again on the next Ask Cryptic, but I'm good for now.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-06-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm ACTUALLY very pleased with this one .... :::: thumbs up!
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
I am enjoying Dan's pragmatism of late.

That was a good read. Thank you.
I agree, although I would say Dan has always been pragmatic... more than most.

Quote:
will be a mystery that you’ll have to ponder on for a little while longer
His "Yup, Deal With It" attitude is the "as of late" that I'm enjoying.
Cuz we sure love mysteries around here. lol