TSS1
HE1; FBP1; Scramble sensors 2; Gravity well 3
BFAW1; Cannon SS1
TS1; CRF1, APO1

Consoles
Tactical: 2 APMag, Automated Defense Turret
Science: Subspace Jumper; Isometric Charge; Field Generator; Field Generator
Engineering: Neutronium Alloy; RCS Accelerator

Fighters: Adv Fer'Jai Frigate; Adv S'kul Fighters (although I think I might switch this one out.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
I was wondering what people think of this. This is for a tactical captain

Front: 2 Dual Heavy Cannons, 1 Dual Beam array, 1 Quantum torpedo
Rear: 1 Turret, 1Torpedo, 1 Beam array

Deflector: Borg
Shield & Engine: High Guard

BO Abilities
EP:S1; Aux-2-B1
TSS1
BFAW1; Cannon SS1
TS1; CRF1, APO1

Consoles

Fighters: Adv Fer'Jai Frigate; Adv S'kul Fighters (although I think I might switch this one out.)
i run all my kar fi full beams 4 field gens and the frengi set and borg console with eps console there is no need for rcs console as they turn fast anyway.
full skull fighters are best for dmg
ps
how do u get automated defence turret on a klingon?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-06-2012, 07:00 PM
With my ENGINEER LG i use 2 plasma DC and 2 plasma torpedo launchers (plasma for style mostly, wanted to make an assimilated looking karfi) may wanna get a third DC, or a DHC in future.
3 turrets.

borg deflector+ KHG engine and schield

consoles:

engi: borg console, neutronium alloy
sci: 2 field generator, +26 shield emitter, +28 particle generator
tac: 3x +26% plasma energy dmg

BO Abilities
EP:S1; RSP
TSS1
HE1; tractor beam repulsor; photonic shockwave; Gravity well 3
TT1; CRF 1
TT1; spread 2, APO1

i only use the advanced frigates

the built is really **** in PVP, but rocks in PVE, as do most builts anyway. I can tank most anything, not as easy as a cruiser with appropriate abilities.
only tactical cubes are giving me a hard time, but i managed to stay alive a few times.

Quote:
if you have it on fed side you can claim it for your klingon toons too...it hink it is under items or legacy unlocks. this is not the same thing as the one you get with the thunderchild. it's much weaker...plasma and frankly not worth the tactical slot in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
I was wondering what people think of this. This is for a tactical captain

Front: 2 Dual Heavy Cannons, 1 Dual Beam array, 1 Quantum torpedo
Rear: 1 Turret, 1Torpedo, 1 Beam array

Deflector: Borg
Shield & Engine: High Guard

BO Abilities
EP:S1; Aux-2-B1
TSS1
BFAW1; Cannon SS1
TS1; CRF1, APO1

Consoles

I assume this is PvE?

If so, I'd go w/all DHCs in front & Turrets in the back in most cases. I'd normally say to use 2x CVS1 (or 1xCVS&1xCRF1), 2x tac team, 1xAPO. But, you're using aux2batt. Are you using the technician doffs to lower your cooldowns?

So for Tac Boffs stick w/APO, add a forward torp for a DHC. Use 1xTT, 1xTS1, CVS1, CRF1, APO1.

I'd drop FBP for Sci Team, and Scramble Sensor for TSS3. Drop TSS1 for TB1.

Use 3 part Omega Set. This wil give you tet glider shield drain proc, shield proc movement bonus, 3 part turn and defense debuff to target as well as kinetic resistance drop.

For tac consoles stick w/all APs.

For sci consoles drop the field generators for borg assimulated console and phase console (nice w/GDF).

For eng go 2x rcs.

For ships go w/the frigs you have and the orion fighters which will add more cront procs to slow targets as well as weapon and engine power drain.

Try 3x tech doffs, 1x grav doff, and 1x evasive reduction doff (to chain w/apo for movement boosts).

Edit: Forgot the Flight Deck doff, use one of those and drop the evasive doff.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
I assume this is PvE?
I've been using a guramba for PVP

Quote:
Are you using the technician doffs to lower your cooldowns?
I find I have several, but so far I haven't really started using any DOFF's yet.

Quote:
Forgot the Flight Deck doff, use one of those and drop the evasive doff.
I do have one of those.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-07-2012, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog0000
Like Raudl said its in legacy unlocks, this is an older preorder one though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2012, 03:49 AM
Quote:

I've been using a guramba for PVP

I find I have several, but so far I haven't really started using any DOFF's yet.

I do have one of those.
Fyi, tech doffs reduce the cooldown of ALL boff abilities including aux2batt when using aux2batt. I assumed you were using aux2batt to get more GW3s in. I suggest you use these when you get them. But, for the most part you can't go under the global cooldown. You can stack up to 3 of them.

The gravametric doff will allow for a chance to spawn more minor GWs after a period of time.

The Flight deck doff reduces the cooldown of relaunches of your squads. The frig has a higher base cooldown ~50 @ low aux, where the orion intercepter has ~ 25 sec cooldown @ low aux. A green one will reduce BOTH cooldowns by 10% when EITHER is activated. So, @ high aux you can pump them both out fairly quickly.

Keep in mind if you use aux2batt w/a high level preset aux (to max power boost) and then switch to a low level aux power setting, you aux setting of 5 will go to zero and you aux will shut off. This means you won't be able to launch squads, use Sci based aux abilities, etc. So, you'll just have to be careful and work on a cycle of when to use aux2batt in the chain.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-07-2012, 03:53 AM
I am not convinced the Kar'Fi is suited for forward DPS, but then, we're talking PVE, so maybe it can work. But even then I'd expect that focusing on 2 weapon types (DHCs + DBB or DHCs + Torps, not DHCs + Torps + DBB) is the best choice. Some even say that 4 DHCs are now the best damage output.

That said, what do I know, my Kar'Fi is a 6 Tetryon Beam Array build with 1 forward Tri-Cobalt.
(EPtS1, EPtS2; HE, 2xTSS, TBR II, Tyken's Rift III; 2 x TT, APB II, 1 BO, 1 BFAW)

Maybe I should experiment a bit with my layout. I've seen that Beam OVerload III BOs have become quite cheap on the Exchange. Or do they just seem so compared to the Lobi and lockbox items?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-07-2012, 05:23 AM
I recently have been playing around with running 2 DBB up front and keeping the rest as beam arrays. This still nets me 5 beam arrays in a broadside (more if I get the angle right) and lets me play around with some forward-arc DPS increase. I'm not convinced it's anything amazing, but since I always bring GW and TR which require me to face my targets at times anyway I figured some added beam punch was worth it.

I have another character on which I am going to play with cannons and likely some torp spread, since yeah PvE Borg are nice enough to hang out in front of me long enough to make it viable. The GW will help with that, of course.

I am sure this is nothing novel, of course. Just commenting.

*shrug* The carrier is nimble enough it's not such a problem to point your nose. I've no patience to emphasize a forward arc in a Vo'quv or Bortas, for example.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am not convinced the Kar'Fi is suited for forward DPS, but then, we're talking PVE, so maybe it can work. But even then I'd expect that focusing on 2 weapon types (DHCs + DBB or DHCs + Torps, not DHCs + Torps + DBB) is the best choice. Some even say that 4 DHCs are now the best damage output.

That said, what do I know, my Kar'Fi is a 6 Tetryon Beam Array build with 1 forward Tri-Cobalt.
(EPtS1, EPtS2; HE, 2xTSS, TBR II, Tyken's Rift III; 2 x TT, APB II, 1 BO, 1 BFAW)

Maybe I should experiment a bit with my layout. I've seen that Beam OVerload III BOs have become quite cheap on the Exchange. Or do they just seem so compared to the Lobi and lockbox items?
Keep in mind the pets I mentioned use cront torps. The advanced frig uses HY2 Trics as well as Ace Beam. The Orion intercepters have engine/weapons power drain beam and disruptor debuff proc.

For PvP using VM/Tbs adds more movement debuffs. To really get abusive in PvP use phasers for procs, jump console for situational position improvement, RSP/phase shift chain for 20 sec of GDF lolz, plas leech for power gain/drain, really it can put out a lot of damage in PuG matches especially if supported by some decent team heals. That's using DHCs/Turrets w/chaining TTs, CVS and/or CRF1, and APO, tac capt abilities, pet debuffs and pet trics. Keep in mind the pets not only reduce movement, but also incoming damage via Ace Beams/Weapon drain Beams.

Honestly, I think carriers on both sides are abusive for PvP after messing around w/this ship and my Tac Captain and being on the recieving end of drain carriers/tb/phaser proc'ing carriers.