Lt. Commander
# 11
06-07-2012, 04:31 AM
All due respect, but how do you guys institute something like this (which we've all been wanting) without full functionality and with as many known issues that it has according to your post in the other area?
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-07-2012, 04:35 AM
Seriously tho guys, all joking aside...
What on earth is the point of bound items if you can trade them anyway?
When you get one, or the container hoolding one, you are charged with the choice of selling it, orusing it, and then committed to that choice. It makes the choice significant, and makes you think before you click. I vote keep bound as bound, and BoE as BoE. Semiconducting items FTL IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperionoctem
When you get one, or the container hoolding one, you are charged with the choice of selling it, orusing it, and then committed to that choice. It makes the choice significant, and makes you think before you click. I vote keep bound as bound, and BoE as BoE. Semiconducting items FTL IMHO.
Thats a very narrow minded view, what baaout people with special ships like galor or ferengi ship ? what about people who want to move stuff over to a new toon for whatever reason ?

ALL items should be account bound ! no exception ! its the same perosn playing the toon so why not let them transfer bound items between characters?
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-07-2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:
No-one has said that this would be the case.

The bound items will only be transferable within one's OWN account; i.e I would be able to transfer my spare Omega shield from my primary (science) character to my secondard (tactical) character.

I think it's a great idea - as noted, I have a spare Omega shield that my second toon could put to good use, and better that then having it sat in my primary toon's account doing absolutely nothing.

No-one is saying that bound items will suddenly start appearing on the exchange or in Fleet banks etc.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-07-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban149
Whilst its good that this post is here imperionoctem is right . . . it gives no more info than the launcher.
Info is clearly available, see Bran_Flakes linked to post above, why not link it?

Come on guys, stop letting forum members do sensible things you really ought to be doing!
Quote:
Useful forumpost is useful.
Came here following direction from the launcher, only to find the same orders here

EDIT : just noticed the same happened last week.

It's been my understanding that these threads are created by a bot / not done manually, so to say, based on scheduled maintenance times. As such it's always best to, once you're aware of them, check for BranFlakes's release notes thread as well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
It's been my understanding that these threads are created by a bot / not done manually, so to say, based on scheduled maintenance times. As such it's always best to, once you're aware of them, check for BranFlakes's release notes thread as well.
I've always thought it was a copy and paste. Can't see a bot doing that since I;m sure taking down the servers is started manually. This post was here last night and can;t see a bot running that long just for a takedown.

I just wish that they would resolve the foundry issues.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-07-2012, 05:29 AM
Some clarification please:

During the "Ask Cryptic", it was said that all players who both currently and previously have gold status will receive the "starter" 10 pack of account-wide bank slots.

Feeling being given by these patch notes is that only current golds will receive the 10 pack.

What should I expect when I log in after work, a bunch of account-wide bank slots, or a longer wait cause I'm a silver right now?
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Harnaman
Thats a very narrow minded view, what baaout people with special ships like galor or ferengi ship ? what about people who want to move stuff over to a new toon for whatever reason ?
WIthout meaning to diminish your reasoning, I would posit that my view --far from being narrow minded-- is in fact capitalist; arguably the opposite. If people want a second character, let them commit a second effort, a second grind. Same chances, workload, and headaches of a brand new player. Reaching level cap should mean that a character --not a player-- gains access to gear and teams for raids, not to some magic IWIN button to copy paste a winning build onto innumerable alts per their Whim Of The Day.

If the stats, gear, skills, and ships of a character become exchangeable, what meaning does the individual character hold? Do we really want characters to become nothing more than blank templates for some Asgard cloning operation? Have we that little pride in our work on individual characters? And if that be the case : can we distinguish ourselves from the nefarious Ebayer to any morally signifant degree?
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-07-2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArdrianDareau
Some clarification please:

During the "Ask Cryptic", it was said that all players who both currently and previously have gold status will receive the "starter" 10 pack of account-wide bank slots.

Feeling being given by these patch notes is that only current golds will receive the 10 pack.

What should I expect when I log in after work, a bunch of account-wide bank slots, or a longer wait cause I'm a silver right now?
Well no I expect silver players will get 5 slots or have to buy the starter pack.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyron_Jara
Well no I expect silver players will get 5 slots or have to buy the starter pack.
I hope we get at least 1 free to see if they are worth buying however I don't really see the point in account wide banks. guildwars had them and I didnt use it for my toons and never used it may use it hear if I have at least 1 free one to test
Closed Thread