Lt. Commander
Release Notes: June 7, 2012
General:
New feature: Account-shared Bank!
This is a bank that all characters on an account have access to.
Stores up to 500,000,000 Energy Credits that may be deposited and/ or withdrawn by all characters on an account
Gold players get 10 free account-shared bank slots.
More slots will available to purchase for both gold and silver players at a later date.
The starter Duty Officer packs rewarded when characters first unlock the Duty Officer system are now Bind on Pickup.

Known Issues:
Account-shared Bank
Inventory slots highlight red when trying to move a Bind-on-Equip item between the inventory and bank.
No message appears telling the player they cannot place Bound items into the Account Bank.
The Help text for the Account bank is the same as the regular bank.
The button to buy more slots is currently non-functional and opens an empty window.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs

Additional Known Issues:
No Real reason for players to invest into the bank yet.
Player Base seems to be angry for finding out that what they requested was stripped down.
Only able to hold one currency EC, Should be able to hold others, at least dil, I mean we know how to xfer it betwen our chars, just give us the ability to do it easier.
Only holds 10 (currently) NON bound items to xfer between characters. ( Mail console is 10 steps away, moves it between characters just as easily)

Additional, Additional Known issues
Unable to seem to do what the community wants to keep it happy and putting money into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-07-2012, 08:46 AM
yea it doesn't seem like its going to change a whole lot, there was always ways to transfer money and non-bound items between characters pretty easily
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Im happy with the 500M EC so i can easily transfer money from 1 account to the other, but seriously... Why not bound items? I know why.

STO should be a grindfest, and it should stay that way. PWE's orders.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I have noticed the new feature. I like it as it saves me from having to mail items between characters. I do want to know if I can use it to transfer the Impulse capasitor consol from one KDF character to another? I opened that package thinking it would drop some random MK consol rather than a specific one. I ask because some of us have created "throw away" character we have every intention of deleteing and replacing once those characters have finished serving their purpose. I would like to save some of the interesting and unique items and port them over to one of my primaries.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
It's essentially a free row for your bank, with limitations. Get the item out of the mail, get it out of the shared account, same thing. You still need to go to the bank, which is usually in the same place as the mail.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-11-2012, 01:26 PM
There are considerably more mail consoles in game than bank consoles - so mailing is still easier.

The current incarnation is still a long way from useful, and until some functionality is added, I won't be spending any c-points to expand mine.