Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by train41 View Post
does anyone know if their will be a c-store Assault Cruiser in the season 6 update?
Nobody outside of Cryptic could answer that yet. I personally think the odds are good though that there will be one.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I think its a ship thats worth a "refit".
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
My wish list for Sovereign Class Refit

1) The 2nd/final phase skin to be used or at least the 1st phase skin as seen in nemesis
2) Special quantum torpedo launcher that levels with you and can fire both High yield and TS.
3) Better warp core
4) Skin tight shields
5) Maybe the phasers from nemesis, don't know if there is anything special about them other than the colour changed from orange to yellow, which also can fire 360% for cloaked vessels
5) Hopefully they will make her canon as possible so no inconsistencies please.
6) Maybe another science ensign boff as it is stated in the timeline log, in 2385/86 the E had a major refit and bump up the tac.
7) add another weapons slot both forward and aft.

I hope some of these get used for the refit and I'll be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
My wish list for Sovereign Class Refit

1) The 2nd/final phase skin to be used or at least the 1st phase skin as seen in nemesis
2) Special quantum torpedo launcher that levels with you and can fire both High yield and TS.
3) Better warp core
4) Skin tight shields
5) Maybe the phasers from nemesis, don't know if there is anything special about them other than the colour changed from orange to yellow, which also can fire 360% for cloaked vessels
5) Hopefully they will make her canon as possible so no inconsistencies please.
6) Maybe another science ensign boff as it is stated in the timeline log, in 2385/86 the E had a major refit and bump up the tac.
7) add another weapons slot both forward and aft.

I hope some of these get used for the refit and I'll be happy.
1: i doubt it , it looks too similar to the orginal version
2: plausible
3: doubtful
4: no way it will
5: how can you make a canon ship ' more canon ' ???
6: possible
7: 5 forwards and back ? not a chance in hell
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
1: i doubt it , it looks too similar to the orginal version
2: plausible
3: doubtful
4: no way it will
5: how can you make a canon ship ' more canon ' ???
6: possible
7: 5 forwards and back ? not a chance in hell
1) Need to have a good eye to tell the difference
2) Canon
3) Mostly likely if they upgrade the ships with 25th century technology
4) True but would be awesome, technically they can us polarize hull effect as the skin tight shields but change the colour.
5) Should be more specifc what I ment was make exactly how it is in the movies e.g the warp nacelles are to low and hiding behind the saucer, the saucer needs to be a bit bigger etc.
6) Glad you agree
7) Why not, give a good reason why you think so?
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-07-2012, 02:28 PM
no other ship has 5 weapons forwards and back , if the flagship ( odyssey ) doesnt have it , i very much doubt they will add it especially for a sovereign refit
as for the rapid for quantum launcher , where is it mentioned in canon , other than we see the E fire a few quantums in first contact ?

changes to the exterior hull , sorry but ive seen the before and after pics , and cryptic doesnt seem to be into that kind of minor details going by the ships they put out , +1 variants are so far always updated with the 2409 skin ( the white and black one ) with hull styling to match
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
1) Need to have a good eye to tell the difference
2) Canon
3) Mostly likely if they upgrade the ships with 25th century technology
4) True but would be awesome, technically they can us polarize hull effect as the skin tight shields but change the colour.
5) Should be more specifc what I ment was make exactly how it is in the movies e.g the warp nacelles are to low and hiding behind the saucer, the saucer needs to be a bit bigger etc.
6) Glad you agree
7) Why not, give a good reason why you think so?
2) In canon, even Kirk's pre-refit Connie had a much different weapon configuration. Also all ships had and could use tractor beams.

3) Only if that refit is available to every ship, '25th century tech' wouldn't explain why the Odyssey is lacking it.

4) Many things would seem 'awesome', but unless enemies were made tougher to match, very unlikely. Why do you think the Sovereign was in a region they couldn't use their weapons in Insurrection and against a massive ship they couldn't fight in nemesis? Much easier for the writers than trying to script an actual balanced firefight against a hero crewed heavily armed battlecruiser.

6) Where does the timeline say anything about an extra Ensign station? Rating stations by officer rank is an STO thing. Better stations would make sense on a refit, but it wouldn't be specifically canon.

7) Play balance. 25% more firepower forward and aft is a very big increase.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
2) In canon, even Kirk's pre-refit Connie had a much different weapon configuration. Also all ships had and could use tractor beams.

3) Only if that refit is available to every ship, '25th century tech' wouldn't explain why the Odyssey is lacking it.

4) Many things would seem 'awesome', but unless enemies were made tougher to match, very unlikely. Why do you think the Sovereign was in a region they couldn't use their weapons in Insurrection and against a massive ship they couldn't fight in nemesis? Much easier for the writers than trying to script an actual balanced firefight against a hero crewed heavily armed battlecruiser.

6) Where does the timeline say anything about an extra Ensign station? Rating stations by officer rank is an STO thing. Better stations would make sense on a refit, but it wouldn't be specifically canon.

7) Play balance. 25% more firepower forward and aft is a very big increase.
1) What the hell are you talking about yes, all ships he different weapons load outs, read my previous post which whiplor comments on.
2) Fair enough it was just a suggest, the E in nemesis has 16 or 18 phaser arrays. originally 12. Just an idea.
3)Again what are you talking about? This much nothing to what we are talking about.
4) http://www.stowiki.org/2385 first point.
5) Like I said in 2 fair enough but sooner or later it will be filled up those slots.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
no other ship has 5 weapons forwards and back , if the flagship ( odyssey ) doesnt have it , i very much doubt they will add it especially for a sovereign refit
as for the rapid for quantum launcher , where is it mentioned in canon , other than we see the E fire a few quantums in first contact ?

changes to the exterior hull , sorry but ive seen the before and after pics , and cryptic doesnt seem to be into that kind of minor details going by the ships they put out , +1 variants are so far always updated with the 2409 skin ( the white and black one ) with hull styling to match
Fair enough it was just an idea about the weapon slots why not add it to a sovereign refit she was designed more for combat . True it is not mention as a rapid fire launcher just something i have picked up on here but I think it is stated that the galaxy class has rapid fire launchers so it make sense the sovereign classes has them to. There is more changes to the E then just minor, there is a completely new paint scheme, added launchers and phaser arrays, the nacelles have been moved forwards a bit and risen, extensions have been added by the main shuttle bay and this is what we already see in nemesis, something was done around the area of the deflector dish but can't remember of hand, apparently the E we see is a half done refit, they were going to complete it at the end but due to budget cuts it never made it . So there is a lot of changes there.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Cm Eng
Lt Eng
LT CM Sci
Lt Tac
Ens Tac.

Please for this or the Ambassador?