Lt. Commander
# 41
06-07-2012, 11:45 AM
and here i was thinking that i was special for having a bug sad times
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-07-2012, 11:47 AM
*Still simmering*

I agree that this is a great way to do promotions, and I hope to see more of them in the future.

Still Cryptic, you said the ship would dissapear for a year before you offered it again, I know its only two weeks, but still...

*Storms off again*
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattimeo97
'Normalized?'
Normalized in this context means that the odds of getting the ship should be about the same per C-Point spent. Since lockbox keys are less C-Points than Duty Officer packs, the chance of getting the ship per Duty Officer pack is higher than the chance of getting the ship per lockbox.
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-07-2012, 11:52 AM
See this... this is a lock box. Something everyone wants, DOFFS, with a chance for something extra special.
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-07-2012, 11:54 AM
been on the page to buy points and was thinking about buying the 5k points pack. But i am very wary, could we please get some information on the odds of getting one out of a pack.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
*Still simmering*

I agree that this is a great way to do promotions, and I hope to see more of them in the future.

Still Cryptic, you said the ship would dissapear for a year before you offered it again, I know its only two weeks, but still...

*Storms off again*
Actually, the FAQ from the winter event can still be found here and it states:
Quote:
Q: Will this ship go into the C-Store later?
A: We are not planning to put this ship into the C-Store for direct sale, at least within the coming year. It will be available via the Red Holiday Gift during this event, then it will no longer be available for some unknown period of time. We may decide to make it available again via a similar item late in 2012.
So, we still may decide to make it available again via a similar item late in 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-07-2012, 11:57 AM
btw. how are the chances to actually get a blue or purle Jem'Hadar from this pack?

i only ever opened one pack got a single Blue Bajoran and the rest was white and green -> all food for the Academy DOff *Grinders*... and since there is no Gamma Quadrant to Gamma Quadrant upgrade NPC, i did not care to open any more of those.

I really just want to get more Jem'Hadar on my existing Jem'Hadar Ship.
I have lot's o Vorta but only like 3 - 4 Jem'Hadar, and i can't even find 'em on the exchange, are they really THAT rare, or are people just keeping them?
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curii
Explains this screen shot:

http://i.imgur.com/KOUK2.jpg

Edit: Oh yeah like this promotion!
You know, I hope they realized because of the way independent selection works, "normalized" would NOT mean 220% odds.

For example:

These packs are 220% more expensive than the winter packages.

HOWEVER... Let's say the winter packages had a droprate of 0.5%, okay?

If they "normalized" things by increasing the droprate to 1.1% (a 220% increase) the odds of seeing a ship over successive purchases would be dramatically higher and average cost of obtaining one would be dramatically lower.

At a 0.5% droprate, average cost of obtaining would be around $200.

In 220 purchases at 0.5%, you have a 66% chance of seeing it in 220 winter lockbox openings.

In 100 purchases at 1.1%, you have a 67% chance of seeing it in 100 DO pack openings.

However, even though your odds of not seeing it have gone down only a fraction of a percent over successive runs, the odds each time are better.
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-07-2012, 12:03 PM
65m in ecs spent on the exchange and 4 or 5 purchased packs.

No ship.

And to answer someone's question from further up, maybe 2 more jem'haders (have 4 now, all blues) and 1 Vortas (also a blue)

Oh well....

edit: I guess I really didn't need that ToS interior anyway....

reedit: Guess I could sell some of the purple doffs off....
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Think i'll skip buying points on this one n hope to aquire one off the market. I ain't that interested in the officers, i would take the chance make a sizeabe point purchase just for the ship if i knew the odds, don't mind a gamble, so long as i know the odds.
Closed Thread