Lt. Commander
# 51
06-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Since lockbox keys are less C-Points than Duty Officer packs
Fewer, not Less. Less is for when something is not easily divisible into discrete units ("There is less water in this glass than when I left it"), Fewer is when the quantity is made up of discrete units ("There are fewer sausages on the plate than before"/"It costs fewer C-Points to purchase this item").

Dammit, who ate my sausages?
Lt. Commander
# 52
06-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptz82
Think i'll skip buying points on this one n hope to aquire one off the market. I ain't that interested in the officers, i would take the chance make a sizeabe point purchase just for the ship if i knew the odds, don't mind a gamble, so long as i know the odds.
The ships are down to 200m on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 53 LoL
06-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeh seriously this is some good promo action, there is never enough lobi crystals
Lt. Commander
# 54
06-07-2012, 01:22 PM
yeah i saw thats what finalised my decision. there gonna keep dropping over the next two weeks so not risking a gamble if i do not know the odds.
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curii
Explains this screen shot:

http://i.imgur.com/KOUK2.jpg

Edit: Oh yeah like this promotion!
Hey I'm in that list, I actually won two with the 7 doff packs i bought, I like this sooooo much better than the lockboxes and not just because i won something. I like knowing what im getting, and if i get a bonus good if not at least i knew what i bought and don't run the change of getting something completely useless and unwanted.
Lt. Commander
# 56
06-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptz82
yeah i saw thats what finalised my decision. there gonna keep dropping over the next two weeks so not risking a gamble if i do not know the odds.
Down to 188m already.

Master keys are dropping as well. One listed 750k as I type this with more starting at 890k.

Dil Exchange is shooting up. 325:1. Had dropped to 309/310:1 before the downtime from 315:1ish last night.

I;m broke so it;s all moot.

edit: Not more than 4 minutes later, it;s down to 164m
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Actually, the FAQ from the winter event can still be found here and it states:

So, we still may decide to make it available again via a similar item late in 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
It's not late 2012, it's barley mid-2012, and I hope it's not made available again, and that something else is offered. I guess the only point of my furstration is, that I don't want this ship to become common place. I love my bug, and I cherish it, I want it to stay unique...
Lt. Commander
# 58
06-07-2012, 01:32 PM
down to 165mil n they have only been out a couple of hours.
Lt. Commander
# 59
06-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Normalized in this context means that the odds of getting the ship should be about the same per C-Point spent. Since lockbox keys are less C-Points than Duty Officer packs, the chance of getting the ship per Duty Officer pack is higher than the chance of getting the ship per lockbox.
I know what it means.

In reality, it doesn't mean much of anything, since there are effectively NO odds. You all have never released them. So you could be telling the truth, or you could be lying. We have no way to know or verify. (That's not meant to be snide... I just can't phrase it better. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. I'm not unhappy with how this is being done, at all.)

As it is, good show on making a lotto item available this way. I think you'll find the majority vastly happier with getting a chance item in this fashion. I won't be able to participate this time around, but I'm immensely glad to see it happening, all the same.
Lt. Commander
# 60
06-07-2012, 01:36 PM
This is nice, I'll probably drop $10 - $20 on the doffs, and hope for the best.

Doing stuff like this will get more out of me than any lockbox ever could.
Closed Thread